IGNORED

Bushnell Trail cameras.

hammer4reel

Talking about trail cameras is like talking about trucks .

So im sure there will be many opinions.

But after having by far the best luck using Bushnell trail cameras . They have far outperformed everything else I have used .

My largest set of cameras is now pushing 11 seasons.and I have had few issues . 

Currently I decided to purchase a few more. Bought a few of the 20MP trophy cams and there performance has been great . 

The difference in both trigger distance and how much brighter and deeper the pictures can be viewed at night is unreal.

I also after reading many reviews bought a few aggressors to try.

Their trigger speed is supposed to be the fastest .

While seems many places are selling both these cams for close to 200 bucks if searched on ebay they can be found for right at 100.

With how long the rest have lasted they become a very inexpensive tool to use .

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

6 minutes ago, tcook8296 said:

I have 3 bushnells about 1 year old and all 3 are acting up. 

Also the nightime pics are blurry. I wont buy any more

I purchased three Bushnells new and after 13 months, they all went bad. Then, the next year I had two more go bad. My son said that my last Bushnell just crapped out last week. I'm done with them.

"The Nation Which Forgets Its Defenders, Will Itself Be Forgotten".

I've had a couple duds from the get go, bushnell, browning, and moutrie. All were replaced by the manufacture. Bushnell had to send me 2 separate cameras before I got a good one. That bushnell is now 3 years old, the battery life is very impressive. I have 3 Moutries that are 6 years old. Seems I have more camera stolen than ones that die nowadays...

I found many times if I had an issue a change of batteries corrected it .

Also found it very important to use san disk sd cards only. And only use them in the Bushnell cams and nothing else . If I used them in another cam it would cause issues.

I'm currently running over 40 cams . And have issues with just two occasionally

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

4 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

Also found it very important to use san disk sd cards only. And only use them in the Bushnell cams and nothing else . If I used them in another cam it would cause issues.

I've also learned to format the card with the EXACT camera you're putting it into before walking away after each card swap. I use different SD cards brands on all different cameras brands and have not had a problem since starting this.

I just sent the Essential 2 back today. It just quit. Fresh card and new batteries. It killed the batteries at over a buck apiece without taking an image....

I had an aggressor go bad last year and they replaced it with a refurb. Just checked it today for the first time. Not happy with it at all. Everything is blurry. This one will be going back, too.

Neither one of these cameras were used very hard.

28 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

WOW!! How do you have time to do anything else? :shock:

After a friend of mine had a wild game die..  please save the comments.  I've been luck y with them I have a few that are 7 years old and 2 they are pushing 13.. any way I thought his was a loose wire so I pulled it apart..  to my surprise it had an internal watch type battery.  For shits and giggles we bought a new watch type battery for 6 bucks..  cam works fine now.    Not sure if other cam brands have an internal but could save some headaches

I run bushnells, but am not really impressed with their pics.  A lot of times they come out really dark in low light (before IR kicks in)...even in mid afternoon canopy of summer.  And night time as others have said is blurry as hell, looks like ISO 12800.  I just stick with them because I have lock boxes for them, eventually I'll need to bite the bullet and get other cams and boxes.

51 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

was reading an article about trail cameras after talking to the different company   sandisk class 10 16GB 48 MB was recomended another interesting thing was that you should use on alkaline or lithium batteries and not mix brands or type because of harm to camera and operation issues. as far as camera i have two moultries older a5? when they act up i change batteries and they are fine i have come wild game innovations and the victure i just got all seem to work fine. how big is the difference between 5-12 MP  and 20 MP ?

Here is an explanation to the Megapixel question asked by buckhound.

Myth #1:  More Megapixels = Better Pictures.

Simply put, no.  This is by far the most common trail camera buying mistake.  "Camera X has 18 megapixels!  Wow, it must take great pictures!!!"

Absolutely not.  In fact, most megapixels ratings on trail cameras are interpolated. What is interpolation?  Interpolation occurs when the native resolution of an imaging device is enhanced via software to a higher resolution. Think of megapixels as tiny dots on an image.  The more dots on the image, the more you can theoretically zoom into the image and see detail.  Also, the more dots on the image the sharper and clearer the image becomes.  As of this writing, no trail camera we are aware of has a native resolution higher than 5 megapixels with most using a 3.1 or 1.3 imaging device.

Interpolated images are created when the camera digitally adds extra pixels for every real pixel the camera creates.  Worst case - each additional pixel added is identical to the first.  So a green pixel is just split into 4, 8 or 16 additional green pixels. This neither increases the quality of the picture or allows you to zoom in to view additional details. Best Case - additional pixels are added using computer algorithms to guess the color of the added pixels.  In either case, the interpolated file size is exponentially larger creating longer recovery times and consuming vast amounts of additional storage space.  

Why do companies do this?  Because it is an advertising gimmick that has fooled many game camera buyers over the years.  

So how do you know whether a game camera takes good pictures or not?  You must look at sample pictures from each trail camera.