IGNORED

Bushnell Trail cameras.

hammer4reel

I don't set my cams up at the high resolution. I want as many pics as I can get on a card.

My nighttime pics with even my old cameras is very good, they take a good pic in the dark to about 17 yards, the new cams are pushing it out to almost 30 yards. ALOT brighter.

wondering if guys getting blurry pics is due to low light and trying to capture a better picture,

Maybe keeping the resolution lower is better for nighttime pics ?

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

1 hour ago, buckhound said:

was reading an article about trail cameras after talking to the different company   sandisk class 10 16GB 48 MB was recomended another interesting thing was that you should use on alkaline or lithium batteries and not mix brands or type because of harm to camera and operation issues. as far as camera i have two moultries older a5? when they act up i change batteries and they are fine i have come wild game innovations and the victure i just got all seem to work fine. how big is the difference between 5-12 MP  and 20 MP ?

No difference for what you are using your camera for. 5 or 8 is all you need for the size of pictures you will be looking at on your computer, displaying on internet, or printing. 8 MP printed on 8.8" x 11" paper or displayed on your screen will be as sharp as 20MP. What high MPs give you is the ability of printing, or displaying very large picture, 48" and up, without sacrificing sharpness. Who does that? That's why there is no need to have 20 MP trail cams.   Likewise, there is no need to set your camera to very high resolution because you will never display or print them that big. Like hammer said above set it to low resolution and gain space on your memory card. To me the speed of the trigger is the most important and then, if you really need beautiful pictures just to see what comes to your pile, pay attention to the quality of the lens and processor, and not how many MP it has.  

Edited by Lunatic

2 hours ago, hammer4reel said:

While seems many places are selling both these cams for close to 200 bucks if searched on ebay they can be found for right at 100.

Saw the Trophy Cam 20mp at Walmart for $98 . I have a couple E2 and they take a great picture . No problem so far with them and would buy again .

19 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

I don't set my cams up at the high resolution. I want as many pics as I can get on a card.

My nighttime pics with even my old cameras is very good, they take a good pic in the dark to about 17 yards, the new cams are pushing it out to almost 30 yards. ALOT brighter.

wondering if guys getting blurry pics is due to low light and trying to capture a better picture,

Maybe keeping the resolution lower is better for nighttime pics ?

My aggressor  set on high infra red blows out the picture while low hardly casts any light in all resolution settings. Medium light is so so even on the lower resolution settings. Daytime pics are not so great on medium settings either. I need to go get the card and put up a few examples. Then its going to get a ride in the mail truck.

2 minutes ago, _X7 said:

My aggressor  set on high infra red blows out the picture while low hardly casts any light in all resolution settings. Medium light is so so even on the lower resolution settings. Daytime pics are not so great on medium settings either. I need to go get the card and put up a few examples. Then its going to get a ride in the mail truck.

I haven't got to use the 2 agressors I just bought,

If I don't like them I will only buy the Trophy cams.

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

56 minutes ago, buckhound said:

if you go by conventional wisdom the bottom would be the 14MP but to me i think the brand of camera and sd card play a part also as well as camera placement...

Actually the 14 is the top picture and the 9 on the bottom. Both on a 4GB PNY Premium cards.

1 hour ago, hammer4reel said:

I haven't got to use the 2 agressors I just bought,

If I don't like them I will only buy the Trophy cams.

Like a lot of things electronic they are made in lots or batches . Many times the hardware, although specked the same, come from different suppliers. My thinking is that it plays a bit of a role in things working as they should or not.

I have a couple of a Bushnell E2s that are 2 or 3 years old.  Worked fine. Good pictures. Lately they’re starting to crap out; not taking pictures- despite deer tracks everywhere -and date and time defaulting to 1-1-15...... Recently bought a couple of Browning Strikeforce Pros and so far I like them.  Have had earlier versions of these Brownings and they do pretty well. 

I have a new in box trophy HD 24 mp low glow that I'd sell for $125 if anyone is looking for one.  I'm running cheap cameras on the public land I hunt, don't want to risk putting this one out where theft is so common.  Lost the private piece I was going to use it on.  This is the camera https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/bushnell-trophy-cam-hd-aggressor-24mp-game-camera 

31 minutes ago, Merkel said:

I have a couple of a Bushnell E2s that are 2 or 3 years old.  Worked fine. Good pictures. Lately they’re starting to crap out; not taking pictures- despite deer tracks everywhere -and date and time defaulting to 1-1-15...... Recently bought a couple of Browning Strikeforce Pros and so far I like them.  Have had earlier versions of these Brownings and they do pretty well. 

I bought a half dozen strikeforce last season. They took good pics for a year, then 3/6 started to really act up.

going to send them back to see if they will replace them 

Edited by hammer4reel

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

I've had Bushnells for years and like everything about them except night time pictures which are always dark & grainy regardless of which model number.  Of course this is when most pics are taken.  It wasn't until I setup another camera almost directly across from it on the same trail that I realized I couldn't even tell it was some decent bucks passing through.  That turned out to be the last straw.