IGNORED

Whats up with bow shops?

tommymo

Well after 10 years of hunting/shooting a Z7 I'm seriously thinking about moving into a new setup for 2018. A lot has changed in the last 10 years and I want to move into a longer ATA and a solid wall, with that it seems to me that shops have changed as well. 10 years ago I was able to walk into any shop and shoot any bow, now it seems that every shop I go to all they do is allow you to draw the bow NO SHOTS. This seems odd to me considering you're about to drop 1000+ on a new piece of equipment and you can't fully test drive it.

Not to name any shops, but is everyone else seeing the same thing? I was shocked then the shop I have been using since I was a kid (30 + Years) and am on a first name basis and was told NO. I was at the point where I was like here is the cash I am buying a bow today, I just don't know which one!

Last bow I purchased will be 3 years ago this coming August, I didn't experience what you did.....I had a few bows in mind, I handled each one, what felt good in my hand I shot few times, then made the choice and purchase. I had the Z7 which I loved it then got stolen, I ended up getting the Z2 which is the Z7 just with some better features, in fact I liked it better then my Z7......The Z2 isn't made anymore, the Z3 is still made

Maybe I got to shoot these bows for the mere fact I know the owner very well for nearly 35 years, and his late cousin was my good friend and hunting buddy

Edited by BHC

other than my first two bows i purchased in the 80s i have shot every bow since the first i was 13 and it was a used and didn't know better the second was new browning mirage they didn't have a place to shoot but owner said to go home shoot it a couple days and if i didn't like it bring it back...dont think i would buy a bow without shooting it first..

Take a trip to Lancaster Archery and shoot all the brands. Then order the bow you want from your local pro shop. Small shops can’t afford to have excess inventory. The internet sales are killing them. Just my 2 cents.

I believe this to be true.\

My friend who owns a bow pro shop told me, when it comes to crossbows he doesn't sell as many cause of the internet and or big box stores, but these same people walk in with their crossbows for set up

tommymo, most good archery shops should let you shoot the bow of your choice. Hey, when you may be dropping up to a grand or so with accessories it's only right to "test drive". If you are in south or central Jersey swing by Cheyenne in Bordentown. They'll set up the bows you are interested in and shoot at their indoor range. Stop during off-peak hours and ask for Vinny. He'll spend the time with you without pressuring you to buy.

I just bought a new bow last month.

A&M in Lakewood is the best. Mike is the best around - some people say he is a little ornery, and he can be at times, but he is one of the best and taught most of these other "bow techs" everything they know.

He lets you shoot all the brands he sells. Most are already set up to demo.

I bought the new Mathews Triax - best bow I ever shot and I have owned both Mathews and Hoyt - and shot about 6 different bows before choosing this one.

Give Mike a look, a lot closer than Lancaster for most people.

If you are down south I recommend Bobs in Glassboro. Had a problem with my parker crossbow took it there and young kid behind the counter couldn't find what was wrong with it so he picked up the phone and called the gentleman that was head of archery. Crossbow was fixed 5 minutes after her put the phone down, he than walked me to the range where I shot it. All free of charge