IGNORED

Whats up with bow shops?

tommymo

That all depends on the bow AND which cam your shooting.

MY Alpamax 32 with the #3 cam are way nicer to shoot than the same bow in 35" that uses the #2 cam.

some of the 30" bows due to their limb designs shoot like many of the older 37" bows, and way better than the old 48" bows ( OK I'm old LOL) 

Very true.  Cams really give you the general feel of a bow.  People's preferences on valley, back wall, let-off, etc are very personal . 

I know you and I have talked about it before here too, and you raised the point in the other thread, but grip is so often overlooked when picking a bow.  The grip should effortlessly encourage proper form and be instantly repeatable.  I really only enjoy the grips on a handful of the companies out there.    

I was just speaking in general terms of forgiveness and balance though.  A longer ATA bow will move around on you less than a short bow and can certainly help with accuracy issues.  There is a reason target archers shoot longer ATA bows. 

That being said, you're right about limb design.  Although I'm guessing just about any compound on the market shoots better than a 20+ year old compound

I heard Mike at A & M sold his shop for $5m to some temple in Lakewood. Anyone hear that? It’s been a while since I’ve been there and ornery was being nice.

Nope, still there, just spoke to him yesterday - bow was shipped and will be in next week.

That all depends on the bow AND which cam your shooting.

MY Alpamax 32 with the #3 cam are way nicer to shoot than the same bow in 35" that uses the #2 cam.

some of the 30" bows due to their limb designs shoot like many of the older 37" bows, and way better than the old 48" bows ( OK I'm old LOL)

Thanks hammer, guess i am old too, i still shoot an old glory... 37”ata LOL

AWM

That Prime is supposed to be a sweet shooter.  If they have the PSE Evolve 35, then shoot it side-by-side with that Prime before you make your decision.  If I were buying a new bow today, it would be one of those 2 or maybe the Xpedition Denali. 

One you start shooting a longer ATA bow, you'll never go back.  Good luck 

Agreed! My brother is shopping for a new bow rite now. He's going to shoot a Elite Echelon 37 and a Darton Tempest T both are 37" and a 7" brace height. 

Mathews Halon

United Bowhunters of NJ

NWTF - Tri County Longbeards

New Jersey Outdoor Alliance