IGNORED

Really nice dialogue with woman who's dog was shot

JHbowhunter

. Talk about not being on subject? What I did would not change regardless of the facts. Even if the shooter is some how vindicated or his actions somehow seem justified- reaching out to the family with goodwill from the bow hunting community cannot possibly be seen as irresponsible! A few of you need a serious reality check. Please do not try and reply with anything else because I am not buyin it. Move on please.

Where did I even make any statements about anything you did or didn't do? I commented on someone's statement about this guy shooting the dog intentionally. Reading comprehension my friend before you start lecturing me about reality check. WTF are talking about ?? :shock:

Where did I even make any statements about anything you did or didn't do? I commented on someone's statement about this guy shooting the dog intentionally. Reading comprehension my friend before you start lecturing me about reality check. WTF are talking about ?? :shock:

ummm you called me irresponsible... Not getting into a pissing match with you.  "agree and I also think its irresponsible to make this type if accusations without knowing what really happen."

Sorry but I respectfully disagree that what I did was irresponsible, regardless of how or why it happened, she really appreciated the empathy.  

Like I said - move on, you don't always have to have the last word (but I am sure you will so this is it for me - peace out)

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

:shock:

ummm you called me irresponsible... Not getting into a pissing match with you.  "agree and I also think its irresponsible to make this type if accusations without knowing what really happen."

Sorry but I respectfully disagree that what I did was irresponsible, regardless of how or why it happened, she really appreciated the empathy.  

Like I said - move on, you don't always have to have the last word (but I am sure you will so this is it for me - peace out)

You must be kidding me!!!

I never even said a word about anything you did or said.  Read man,. read or how are you going to carry on any kind of conversation:

GhostBeara wrote(see post #23):

“I still think the creep did it intentionally”

Buckeyes11 replied  

Jack Have you heard the accused side of the story? Before you put the accused on blast find out his side. Did you reach out to him? Way to throw your fellow hunters under the bus.

And I replied to Buckeyes  post with:

I agree and I also think its irresponsible to make this type if accusations without knowing what really happen.

No excuse, this guy will get his, but there is a big difference in killing the dog intentionally or making an honest mistake. I also feel anyone who thinks no way you could make this type of mistake in the woods, is simply dishonest. It is very easy in the woods, especially at dusk to see things with your mind because your eyes don't work.

And for some reason you responded my post with this:

I think most reasonable folks can discern for themselves who the irresponsible party was here...  There is a pretty strong chance its not me.

Where did you see me even addressing you or anything you did or didn’t do? I went on to explain I was not talking about you, I explained I was talking about unsubstantiated accusations made by someone else but you continue like everything must be about you. What are you reading???? :shock: Where did I say anything about you being irresponsible? :shock: 

Edited by Lunatic

:shock:

Buckeyes11 replied  

Jack Have you heard the accused side of the story? Before you put the accused on blast find out his side. Did you reach out to him? Way to throw your fellow hunters under the bus.

And I replied to Buckeyes  post with:

I agree and I also think its irresponsible to make this type if accusations without knowing what really happen.

No excuse, this guy will get his, but there is a big difference in killing the dog intentionally or making an honest mistake. I also feel anyone who thinks no way you could make this type of mistake in the woods, is simply dishonest. It is very easy in the woods, especially at dusk to see things with your mind because your eyes don't work.

Where did you see me even addressing you or anything you did or didn’t do?

I'm just trying to clear things up here but...  You replied to Buckeye's post.  Buckeye's post was an attack on Jack.  You agreed with Buckeye.  Jack is JH Bowhunter.  So, that's why he believed (I think reasonably) that you were addressing him.

Maybe you didn't realize the "Jack" in Buckeye's post is JH Bowhunter?  They are one in the same. 

Edited by dlist777

OK just to clear things up for me I'm a little dense at times who else was irresponsible besides the shooter?

I should probably shut up but, here's where I stand if anyone cares. The guy that shot the dog really, really messed up and if it was a mistake, it's an inexcusable mistake. Back to know your target and beyond. If there is the slightest question in ones mind about what they are shooting at, it's that persons responsibility to show restraint and not shoot. If the guy truly believed he was shooting at a coyote, he needs a long break to brush up on his education. If he did it on purpose knowing it was a dog, he needs to go to jail. If he has mental problems that affect his decision making, he needs medical treatment and should never be allowed in the woods again. AND, again, this is just my opinion, if the dog owner lives in an area she thinks is too close to houses to hunt, she needs to walk her dog on a leash. Just like dogs that never run deer then one day take off after one, a dog may be the friendliest dog in the world and sometime for no apparent reason, bite someone or someone's kid. Like the one that hit my niece, which, I talked about above.

I'm just trying to clear things up here but...  You replied to Buckeye's post.  Buckeye's post was an attack on Jack.  You agreed with Buckeye.  Jack is JH Bowhunter.  So, that's why he believed (I think reasonably) that you were addressing him.

Maybe you didn't realize the "Jack" in Buckeye's post is JH Bowhunter?  They are one in the same.

That's very possible but I'm not going to reasearch this now on my cell while hunting. However; I didn't say anything about or it wasn't my intention to say anything about JHbowhunter. I commented only on graybears statement about this dog being shot intentionally. If it's a simple misunderstanding then that's good because this was getting weirder with every post

Dam why don't you tar and feather the guy .

Good lord, I certainly do hope he's punished to the maximum extent allowed, which IIRC is something like a few grand in fines and a 5 year (which isnt enough) revoking of his hunting privledge.

"I wish we could sell them another hill at the same price." - Brigadier General Nathanael Greene, June 28, 1775

I have been off the site for a couple of days but this is, as we all are aware of, an unfortunate situation all the way around.  A well written note of empathy, concern and sympathy was written by Jack as a hunter to the pet owner's family. This was well done and in fact was well received. Kudos Jack. :up:  :up: