IGNORED

Hunter shoots dog

JerseyJaysTaxidermy

No excuses for this he was not a hunter. he was a a$$ hole in the woods with a weapon .He know exactly what he . I've had many hunts ruined from dogs chasing deer and never shot one knowing it belongs to someone near by. It should not be acceptable no excuse

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Agree 100%!!  Mistook it for a coyote my ass, another sadistic jerk with a weapon, makes us ALL look bad. No doubt he was bored and frustrated, and felt like killing something, and the poor dog had to suffer for it. Hope they throw the book at him and he never gets a chance to buy another license.

Catch & release is for guys who don't know how to cook. :cook:

Huge black eye for us. However lets stop for one second. Cloudy skies. 7pm. In the woods. With foliage. That dog coming through the brush with collar unseen could very well have the appearance of a yote. Not saying I would think it was. However it's possible. Now the other big issue. An unleashed dog running through the woods at last light. There is no way to make it right. However if the dog was on a leash and not where someone was hunting, it wouldn't be dead right now. You don't know what the circumstances were. We are reading a post from one side of the story.

I thought the same thing but didn't wanna get eaten alive for actually posting it. Lol.

Even if it looked like a coyote... clearly it was not. So that being said, the man was not sure of his target and made a mistake (or knew damn well and chose to be a pet murderer) either way, he's in the wrong.

I had dogs run deer off my bait last season 2x. I don't know who's dogs they were.. they had collars, but they were not breeds that I recognized as "friendly".. I was a little nervous walking out of the woods that night, not knowing if they were gonna bite me or not if they had the chance.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Pick one: A- He was pissed off because the dog was by his corn pile.

B- He thought it was a coyote.

C-  He just likes shooting dogs.

I will guess, A

Edited by Nomad

Maybe he thought it was a coyote with a radio collar like bears have. We didn't hear his side of story dam quick to judge. Be careful about passing judgment never know when you might have to walk a mile in someone else's shoes

🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈

Sounds like one of those cousin-fu*kers on archerytalk who are in the shoot,shovel and shut up crowd. If you ever want to get pissed off, read one of those threads about guys shooting dogs bc they ran through their hunting property. Makes me sick. The things some people do for a set of antlers...

This guy should certainly be hit hard with fines, loss of license, etc. It isn't even legal to shoot yotes yet

I grew up hearing my father and his hunting buddies tell me to shoot ANY dog I see running loose in the woods, collar or not. Their reasoning was that a dog would run a deer to death, I was skeptical as a kid, as a grown up I know this is nonsense.

I hunt with my dog in the woods, fall turkey season runs at the same time as the rut. I'm generally not a violent person, but heaven help the man or woman who decides my pointer looks like a coyote or is "running a deer". 16422587_641906002676241_3746750765207538785_o.jpg

Catch & release is for guys who don't know how to cook. :cook:

Pick one: A- He was pissed off because the dog was by his corn pile.

B- He thought it was a coyote.

C-  He just likes shooting dogs.

I will guess, A

D. He's an a-hole for shooting the dog and the owner is an a-hole for not having the dog on a leash.

I say D

I think I remember my dad or my grandfather telling me that there was a time in this state when it was legal to shoot a dog running deer. Not that I would do it, not sure it's true, and doesn't justify anything about this story. There is no good that can come from any of this but I would like to hear both sides before I judge. Horrible for the dog and the family regardless. And, it's gonna get horrible quick for the hunter.

Okay, I answered my own curiosity.  The story is legit.  Name of the perp in below, and link to the local PD site.

http://www.readingtonpolice.com/2017-09-21-dog-mistakely-shot-by-hunter

Dog mistakenly shot by hunter

On September 20, 2017 at 7:17 PM police were called to the area of Old Readington Rd and Freeman Lane for a report of a dog being shot. The incident was reported by the dog owner as well as the shooter. Ptl. Bodine and Ptl. Woolverton responded and determined that Romeo Antonucci was hunting and had mistakenly shot and killed a dog with a crossbow. Mr. Antonucci reported that he believed the dog was a coyote chasing a deer. Officers determined that Mr. Antonucci was licensed to hunt and was the proper distance from any dwellings. The dog, described as an Alaskan Shepherd, belonged to a resident of Old Readington Road. New Jersey Fish and Wildlife was called and they responded to the scene. The incident is still under investigation and Fish and Wildlife officers will determine if the law was violated and if charges will be filed in connection with the incident.

Sgt. Chris DeWire

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

Guys...it isn't coyote season. His alibi doesn't hold water. The best lie he could come up with is that he was poaching coyotes. F that guy. He knew it was a dog and he was pissed bc it chased some deer away.

not justifying his action because he is wrong. But coyote season is open only incidental to deer hunting. The regs under coyote and fox says it is open during any open deer season. The guy doesn't deserve to hunt if he can't distinguish that dog from a yote