IGNORED

A holy sh#t late morning moment on my minerals today

JHbowhunter

They both need another year .

Will be good ones next fall .

Can't shoot a 140 when you kill them as a 120

yep definitely 3 year olds.   god forbid they make it to year 5 - they will be near peak and real freaks.... (not likely - ridiculous amount of hunting pressure in this area)

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

I've only seen two "slammers" in NJ over the past few years and both were in z2, not near my house. One of which I missed last year.  The last true "Slammer" I have seen in z5 I shot in 2011. 

What vehicle do you drive?

Good luck this season.  They seem to really like that mineral water.  Might want to stick with the party so they get used to hunters being around.

Oh, my.

Sorry, had to do that. I'm getting drunk at the Delta club in Atlanta because my flight home has been delayed. I hope it doesn't get delayed any longer or I'm liable to get banned from this site too...

just for you HH...  Getting drunk on a plane...

I shot a big 10pt once….

yep definitely 3 year olds.   god forbid they make it to year 5 - they will be near peak and real freaks.... (not likely - ridiculous amount of hunting pressure in this area)

The biggest jump is usually from year 3 to year 4, just giving them 1 more year will make a tremendous difference.  

The biggest jump is usually from year 3 to year 4, just giving them 1 more year will make a tremendous difference.  

I was BSing with a good friend of mine this morning, and we agreed if the bucks I got on camera can last another year, they will sprout even bigger

just for you HH...  Getting drunk on a plane...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrM39m22jH4

I'm actually 4 beers in on the ground. Will probably get to 5, and the. I should be ready to board.

I really hope there are no more delays (for the sake of the rest of the people on the plane).

Are zip ties standard issue to flight attendants now?

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

Ok, so to begin, the worry about "does with no fawns" in Z5 is gone?  I assume that there is at least one more doe with a fawn( sarcastically said while i type knowing there are many more).  Pressure?  Yes, but at least you have proof( TY for game cams) that some bucks are getting to 3.5 yrs and you can decide to shoot them or not but at least you can hunt them.  Many areas in this shiite state have nice bucks like that but due to the 450 and 150 rule and ridiculous anti-hunting no discharge ordinances the bucks are killed by cars instead of hunters(my area).  Hope they grow a lot more for you JH, looks like a beautiful spot you have there. 

Ok, so to begin, the worry about "does with no fawns" in Z5 is gone?  I assume that there is at least one more doe with a fawn( sarcastically said while i type knowing there are many more).   

not too proud to admit that the 2015 z5 deer apocalypse might have had something to do with the ridiculous acorn yield.... It made little sense at the time, but also two mild winters in a row and more bear-beat-downs including fall archery for the first time have also helped fawn recruitment. 

I shot a big 10pt once….

not too proud to admit that the 2015 z5 deer apocalypse might have had something to do with the ridiculous acorn yield.... It made little sense at the time, but also two mild winters in a row and more bear-beat-downs including fall archery for the first time have also helped fawn recruitment. 

Awesome.  Used to hunt up there.  Hunted in B-ville for at least 10 years until college and marriage.  Lots of deer back then, few bears.  Still camp in stokes every year. 

the now in velvet short-tine wide 10, was a similar 8 last fall as a 2 year old... I have hundreds of pics and passed him dozens of times.  I feel we are kindred spirits..  I even recall posting video of him fighting last October on NJWW...

12130302.JPG

12130303.JPG

12130304.JPG

I shot a big 10pt once….