IGNORED

Take down your feeders

gobblergetter

This past weekend was spent scouting turkey locations and almost every place I went, there was still deer feeders hanging in trees or on tripods.

Some of them were real close to some of my best trees to work birds from.

Just a heads up.....look for them while scouting your birds...it can get you jambed up if a c.o. checks on you.

A reasonable on site investigation would surely be done and probably not result in any summonses issued

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

A reasonable on site investigation would surely be done and probably not result in any summonses issued

You would hope so. It's not always the case. I knew a hunter who was summoned because a neighbor had a bird feeder in the backyard 450 feet away. He was found not guilty in municipal court but the state is appealing the case.

"All men die, not all men really live". WW

Why do people assume they are deer feeders, as opposed to Turkey hunters illegally baiting?

In theory, it would be easy enough to know.  If no seeds/corn is in it and the ground is undisturbed around it, likely a lazy deer hunter that never removed it from the property assuming it's not private property where the owner is OK with that left out or leaves it out him or herself.  If it's got feed in it and the ground is torn up, then maybe an illegal turkey hunter.