IGNORED

Still hunting

xbowmike

6 minutes ago, Woodsman416 said:

I killed a nice, big, virgin doe tonight. 25 yard shot with a .45 cal percussion Kentucky rifle and patched round ball. I built the gun from a CVA kit when I was 21 years old. First kill with it 34 years later!

I have a .45 cal. flintlock that I built 35 years ago and only used it once. It'll be cool to take it out once again.

"The Nation Which Forgets Its Defenders, Will Itself Be Forgotten".

1 minute ago, Nomad said:

Thanks, how is your cold?  I've had one for over a week now.  Probably nothing like you had, never felt too bad.   Wife is annoyed though that I am hunting out in the cold. lol

Lungs finally cleared up, except I still have a cough from a sinus drip.  Be careful.  It only took 2 days of sitting out in wind like this, with blowing snow, for it to go into pneumonia.  Still have to get back all my strength, what I had left of it.

On 1/10/2019 at 7:36 PM, Nomad said:

Was out yesterday afternoon looking for a doe.  Had a doe and two fawns come by.  Didn't want to break the family up.

Now this afternoon had what I was looking for.   Big herd of 10 or 12 flatheads, picked a big one out and bang.  Just got done cutting it up. 

Congrats Mark. I will be out tomorrow again. I only have a month left