IGNORED

11/12 Check In

BHC

Yesterday the woods were on fire with deer activity.   Today, the fire is out.  I had one trot by at 614.  It was too dark to see what it was.    Nothing has been around since. 

100% agree with this. Been off from work for two weeks; yesterday was the best day so far and today was completely dead in z49

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was surrounded by 4 does,15yds,and a 3pt standing 10 feet in front of me for a good h0ur and a half this morning. Big bucks that were chasing there  Saturday didn't show.  Just now moved to another spot and saw a doe sneak away.  Maybe it will pick up in the evening. 

It was below 20 degrees here this morning but feels pretty warm now. 

4 hours ago, JHbowhunter said:

Out in 5.  Last day ofa long 2+ weeks off since permit bow opener. Seen 3 separate mature doe so far - one acting all squarely and then out emerged a 110” 8 pointer who was cruising and did not follow her. Just watched a red fox carry something bloody in mouth and bury it to the left of me. Then it went back and got another piece and buried it behind me. He just went back for more. And here he comes again. I think he got a chicken. 3 trips so far and he keeps going back near neighbors chicken coop.  Although the meat looks very bloody and red. 

Did you check to see what is was the fox was burying?

Heading out this afternoon for a sit in my blind. Doctors tomorrow AM for the eyes Pm for the foot. Picked up new custom molded shoes today. From Stewartsville to East Stroudsburg not one roadkill. Very odd for this time of year.

2 hours ago, DBuck said:

Did you check to see what is was the fox was burying?

No either that fox moved it again or another fox stole it. There  are always a pair in that spot and saw them both this morning. 

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….