IGNORED

2016 fall & extended bucks - South Jersey style

Triv

Hi guys. Just getting on the site, and I'm happy to be here! Some of you may have seen these on "the other site," but I'm coming off of the best week that I have ever had hunting, so I'm taking it all in while I can!

Shot the first one on Wednesday 10/26 around 6pm. Main frame 8 with 4 kicker points. Caught him right out of his bed and he showed no signs of rutting. Didn't stink, and was still moving with another 2-1/2 YO 9 pt and a doe with her two fawns. I've been after him since the start of the season, and had only seen him once at 30 yards without a shot. He was a wise old boy and I consider myself lucky to have gotten him. Shot him just under 25 yards, and he didn't make it another 25-30 yards. This is my best buck to date.....Zone 47 fall bow buck tag filled!

Got the second buck on Sunday morning, 10/30 right at daybreak. It was one of the coolest hunting experiences that I've had the pleasure to witness. I had another 6 pt close by and as soon as this guy saw him, he wanted him dead. He postured up with his ears pinned back and the hair on his neck and back standing straight up. As he was doing his strut toward the other buck, he let out a snort wheeze, which I've never hear before. It was awesome. Shortly there after I let the arrow fly, and with that.....Zone 28 extended bow buck tag filled!

Crazy that these deer were shot maybe 20 miles apart, within 4 days of each other, and were at two completely different stages of the rut. The 5 pt and the other bucks in that area were seeking hard. I hunted both morning and afternoon the day before, and the does were on edge from getting pushed around, and the bucks were aggressive and stinky. Saw 5 other small bucks that Saturday, so I figured it was only a matter of time. Checked my cam and the 5 was 10 yards in front of my stand at 2pm. One of the few hours I wasn't in the stand that day. I'm glad we caught up the next morning, because if not that would have haunted me.

Good luck all!

IMG_0012.JPG

IMG_2977.JPG

IMG_2960.JPG

IMG_0186.JPG

IMG_2995.JPG