IGNORED

Permit tag filled on nice 8

VAPPAC

So, not much to tell here.

Shot this guy yesterday 11/4/16 at 2:30pm. Was in the stand just before 2pm and it all happened so fast.

I had a stand that I have not sat at all yet this year and was waiting for the rut to start. I decided to hunt it yesterday as I felt the conditions were right. I hung two scent wicks with doe estrous and this deer came in shortly after downwind. Not sure if he scented the doe estrous or not but he came in and gave me a 15 yd shot. I took out one lung and liver and he only went about 50yds before collapsing. I watched him fall from the tree. It all happened so fast.

I have not seen this particular deer this year either on stand or on camera. However, I do believe it is one I was seeing last year as a smaller rack that I let go a few times. He was all rutted up when I got to him with black tarsals and that musky smell.

He is my best deer to date and will be going on the wall.

He was shot with a Matthews Switchback (an oldie but goodie - I love that bow) and not over bait. Full disclosure, I do have a feeder out and cam on the feeder to see what is around, but this deer was shot in a staging area/travel corridor and not near the feeder.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Good luck to my fellow hunters and please, Safety First - ALWAYS wear your harness!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg