IGNORED

Venison Jerky

Rusty

Most ovens  only go to 170  and the gas gives off moisture so  set t at the lowest you can gat and keep the door open slightly   with alum foil.  My first batch 30 yrs ago I hung with tooth picks  and dipped in some soy, a little liquid smoke and black pepper,  Belive it or not it tatstes better than what I make in my smokers  I still have the  recipe and may have to make it again com winter..

We picked up this 10 tray dehydrator at Cabelas a couple of weeks ago.  This was its maiden voyage, it worked really well.

attachicon.gifdehydrator.jpeg

I think I'm going to get the 10 tray also, the jerky definitely won't last long around here either!!

I own this model too.  I  was a bit hesitant to buy it due to the fact that given it's so new, there were no reviews, but I got it on a super sale and wound up paying something crazy-cheap like $89 for it, so I pulled the trigger.   Very happy with it so far.  I've used it on regular jerky from steak, jerky from ground (I own a jerky cannon), bananas, chives, etc......   So far so good.  Relatively quiet, pleasing looking, doesn't take up too much space, etc.....

"I wish we could sell them another hill at the same price." - Brigadier General Nathanael Greene, June 28, 1775