IGNORED

NJDFW Deer Hunting Survey and Regulation Changes

Looks like they still do not get it, and are proposing that 7th buck tag.  

I took the survey and added my own commentary on just about every question and of course "2 flexible buck tags" permeated my response and how they need to blow up the entire thing and start with a new foundation.  The system is all about revenue and zero about biology.  I pretty much let them know that the deer biologists are nothing but "revenue biologists". 

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

I received a deer survey email this AM & just completed the survey. The survey touches on almost every hot topic debated on here, like reg simplification, buck limits, APR, etc.  I'm wondering if everyone else who also deer hunts got the email.  I highly recomend completing it if you get an email.

This is yr best chance to voice your opinion.

• BowhunterNJ changed the title to NJDFW Deer Hunting Survey and Regulation Changes

I voiced approval to expand APR & eliminate give up your shotgun buck permit if 2 bucks are taken during regular season.  So few people take more than 2-3 bucks a season & with declining hunter numbers,  I see virtually no impact on the reg change. 

3 minutes ago, gregtpal said:

I voiced approval to expand APR & eliminate give up your shotgun buck permit if 2 bucks are taken during regular season.  So few people take more than 2-3 bucks a season & with declining hunter numbers,  I see virtually no impact on the reg change. 

there will be HUGE impact - now a hunter that kills two bucks during 6 day will kill a 3rd with permit shotgun.  

The problem is "the permit" concept to begin with.   You are buying right into what they are selling. 

I shot a big 10pt once….

5 minutes ago, JHbowhunter said:

the most tone-deaf organization  there ever was, the NJ Deer Program.    They just don't get it

While us hunters may want higher deer populations, the reality is almost everyone else wants less.  The deer program managers know this & manage accordingly while giving us lip service to keep us buying licenses, permits, etc. to fund their salaries.

2 minutes ago, JHbowhunter said:

there will be HUGE impact - now a hunter that kills two bucks during 6 day will kill a 3rd with permit shotgun.  

The problem is "the permit" concept to begin with.   You are buying right into what they are selling. 

I don't like the multiple  permit seasons & reg set structure either but i don't see them abandoning it any time soon.

The impact of the buck limit change will be miniscule.  Very few take 2 bucks during 6 day & anyone who does can simply buy a muzzle permit & keep on hunting anyway under the current regs. 

Just now, gregtpal said:

I don't like the multiple  permit seasons & reg set structure either but i don't see them abandoning it any time soon.

The impact of the buck limit change will be miniscule.  Very few take 2 bucks during 6 day & anyone who does can simply buy a muzzle permit & keep on hunting anyway under the current regs. 

they speak out of both sides of their mouth, i attended the meeting on this. Their #1 goal is to increase doe harvest but their main proposal is another buck tag.    You cannot fix stupid.

I shot a big 10pt once….

37 minutes ago, JHbowhunter said:

Looks like they still do not get it, and are proposing that 7th buck tag.  

I took the survey and added my own commentary on just about every question and of course "2 flexible buck tags" permeated my response and how they need to blow up the entire thing and start with a new foundation.  The system is all about revenue and zero about biology.  I pretty much let them know that the deer biologists are nothing but "revenue biologists". 

I am so excited to send them a book to read since they made a point to not let me talk at the deer forum. 

I filled it in.  I like the merged regulation set idea.  Simplifies that some.  Being an original PA hunter the APR never effected me as I’m used to that.  That being said I haven’t hunted the last 2 seasons in NJ just PA.  Maybe this year I will get out in NJ more.