IGNORED

South Mountain Poachers

Hey everyone,

still pretty new here. Was out with my 2 year old on the river near diamond creek pond today. 4 baited fish traps were found with a total of 8 illegally harvested fish in them. If any of y'all fish South Mountain Reservation at all, or even just run the trails please keep your eyes peeled for more of this fuckery. Dnr came out and the cops checked my stamp and license. They also showed my son the gear and where the truck dumps the fish.

Poachers suck balls, and these guys will be back. Guaranteed. 

If you see the traps leave them. We got some cams going up tonight for when the perps of this caper come for their bounty. Spoiler alert! Also camped out with bolt cutters for their valve stems. They getting towed once they in handcuffs anyway. Might as well make sure they can't leave right? 

4 hours ago, JD48 said:

Always smart not to advertise if you're going to do something.

Never heard of or saw freshwater fish traps so I'm sure the perps cant read or speak our language , probably the same people I see using cast nets

Edited by bucky

58 minutes ago, bucky said:

Never heard of or saw freshwater fish traps so I'm sure the perps cant read or speak our language , probably the same people I see using cast nets

I wasn't referring to the perps.

9 hours ago, Captbutch said:

Hey everyone,

still pretty new here. Was out with my 2 year old on the river near diamond creek pond today. 4 baited fish traps were found with a total of 8 illegally harvested fish in them. If any of y'all fish South Mountain Reservation at all, or even just run the trails please keep your eyes peeled for more of this fuckery. Dnr came out and the cops checked my stamp and license. They also showed my son the gear and where the truck dumps the fish.

Poachers suck balls, and these guys will be back. Guaranteed. 

If you see the traps leave them. We got some cams going up tonight for when the perps of this caper come for their bounty. Spoiler alert! Also camped out with bolt cutters for their valve stems. They getting towed once they in handcuffs anyway. Might as well make sure they can't leave right? 

You are liable to be the one in cuffs if you start cutting valve stems. Be smart and let the LE handle it.

HONOR THE FALLEN
https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL

17 minutes ago, bushden said:

You are liable to be the one in cuffs if you start cutting valve stems. Be smart and let the LE handle it.

Exactly and bolt cutters are bulky just wedge stick in the valve stem.👍

Edited by Septicdude
Spelling

9 minutes ago, Septicdude said:

Exactly and bolt cutters are bulky just wedge stick in the valve stem.👍

Lol I was thinking the same… who would carry around a set of bolt cutters for valve stems 

wow that is messed up. i was just at diamond mill today with my wife and bro in law and met some great people. sucks to hear a story of anyone out there trying to ruin all of that for everyone. buy your stamps and suffer in the cold like the rest of us!

• BowhunterNJ changed the title to South Mountain Poachers

Diamond Mill Pond,  :rofl:  Just only 70 years ago I rode My bike there from Union through Vauxhall for some 30 min.  Very few fished it,  But come Trout season that Sat. & they would stock it on Fri, & come dark it was almost fished out. as Long lines were set and retrieved by dusk,  And these were not just kids,  That lake went through many stages of overgrowth draughts to being drained completely. By habit, people would fish by the dam or where the creak came in from the upper lake  that never had any fish :headscratch:  To Hear it is still a poacher's haven is no surprise, 

Thanks for the trip down memory lane. 

Now how many fished the Rawawy River :fishing: 

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

On 4/7/2024 at 5:53 AM, bucky said:

:confused:   :offtopic:  You have to get out more from bait to all other fish even legal in most states Coomon the further south. 

and 100s to choose from. 

91Zl3ojywbL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

714qwtro1YL._AC_UL320_.jpg

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

Sorry everyone. I only come on here once or twice a week.

I know they were illegal fish traps because dnr came out and confiscated the trout in them in front me. 

Freshwater fish traps are hella common. I used them all the time when I lived and fished in Texas. 

I'm not so into extra-legal justice. In any form. The poacher's valve stems are safe.