IGNORED

Just my luck

vdep217

10 hours ago, vdep217 said:

Thanks should be out by noon tomorrow and on the road at 7pm florida bound.  But I get to be designated driver and captain as I can't drink with all of the antibiotics

Speedy recovery and Safe Travels 👍

On 3/26/2024 at 6:25 PM, Zone50BugNerd said:

In the entire US the only spiders that are considered “medically important,” are widows and recluse.  

I've probably killed over 100 black widows in my yard over the last 2 years. Can't get rid of them. Have had a company come out and try, I think they spray stuff that helps them multiply. Any suggestions, besides a DE bomb over the entire area?

Hope you feel better Vdep, safe travels.

Edited by DV1

I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation UNDER GOD, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

38 minutes ago, DV1 said:

I've probably killed over 100 black widows in my yard over the last 2 years. Can't get rid of them. Have had a company come out and try, I think they spray stuff that helps them multiply. Any suggestions, besides a DE bomb over the entire area?

sounds like a job for @Tarhunt

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

8 hours ago, DV1 said:

Any suggestions

Try to, if possible, disrupt their habitat (reduce clutter, overgrowth and hiding spots).  Most insecticides are garbage on spiders; they are hard to dose because they do not groom themselves like insects and rarely take a lethal dose.  They are predatory, insectivores; so if you use an insecticide in the areas where you see them, then you can conceivably reduce their prey (insects), and they often move on to hunt elsewhere.  I have seen more widows the last 2 years than my previous 18 before that (combined).  I am in Brick and my neighbor had an issue last summer.  

8 hours ago, DV1 said:

Here's your solution.  Apply liberally 

1711658280551.png

Killed a black widow at work today in a 6’x6’ concrete vault. There were a bunch of other little spiders running around the rim of the vault. Not sure if they were baby black widows or some other flavor of spider. 

I'm your Huckleberry :devious:

Well I'm in Florida feel good.  Infection is subsiding.  This could have been a blessing as it may have caught me being diabetic.   But doc said to wait until infection is gone and I'm off antibiotics.   He dosnt seem to concerned  as all my other numbers are good. I really don't eat sweets or junk bit do drink alot of Iced tea so will be switching to water and unsweetened tea in meantime