IGNORED

Gun question

3Blade

I have a Beretta CX4 PCC 9MM and I'll tell you its a tack driver at 100 yards ,its light ,easy take down and compact. I have a benelli nova extended mag for home defense but i would not think twice about using the PCC in a home defense scenario .Outside my home if the shtf i would go 9MM side arm and AR556

If I'm bugging in ar 556 223 for outside.  If I'm leaving I'm not taking either.  I'm taking 9mm pistol with 5or 6 mags a 22 pistol and a22 rifle.  Call me crazy but a backpack can carry alot of 22 ammo and still be manageable.   And still be able to fit med kit anfmd some other supplies yes not the best round but will do what you need to

2 hours ago, vdep217 said:

.  Call me crazy but a backpack can carry alot of 22 ammo and still be manageable. 

And this is what so many don’t consider. All us fine and dandy at home but if forced to flee you don’t have that capacity like you said. I like the idea of a 9mm pistol and carbine. Takes up little space and no thought of which ammo to grab, all the same

AWM

9 minutes ago, MGHunter66 said:

And this is what so many don’t consider. All us fine and dandy at home but if forced to flee you don’t have that capacity like you said. I like the idea of a 9mm pistol and carbine. Takes up little space and no thought of which ammo to grab, all the same

What kind of scenario would cause you to flee from your home and bring all your ammo with you?

21 minutes ago, MGHunter66 said:

If I'm forced to leave chances are I'm not returning.  At that point laws will be moot.   A 22 will kill food and humans just tge same and 22 has dome range

28 minutes ago, Nomad said:

What kind of scenario would cause you to flee from your home and bring all your ammo with you?

Approaching front line ,  threats you can’t overcome like mass lawlessness or hostile army/police force , lack of food or water, post or pre nuclear environmental concerns and on and on. Every single war produced mass movement of refugees 

29 minutes ago, Nomad said:

The OP’s topic eludes to the “shit going down” so perhaps a similar situation to Portland where they burned everything. 

AWM

That's why I would bug IN.  Too lazy, old, fat, and broke(body wise )to go far and fast. Lol 

As soon as bad guys are on my street...I will I will convince them to head elsewhere by skipping some buckshot their way. It clears streets real quick. So I've heard. If they are still up right and facing me....the bolt gun will go to work. 

26 minutes ago, Swamprat said:

That's why I would bug IN.  Too lazy, old, fat, and broke(body wise )to go far and fast. Lol 

As soon as bad guys are on my street...I will I will convince them to head elsewhere by skipping some buckshot their way. It clears streets real quick. So I've heard. If they are still up right and facing me....the bolt gun will go to work. 

The only thing you are not considering is that there maybe hundreds of them with weapons just like you or better. 

4 minutes ago, Nomad said:

I live in the country, planning on holding my ground.

You can’t hold much on your own, facing overwhelming force or numbers. That’s the reality of any conflict, including civil war. (You are thinking of a single guy coming steal your chicken)

8 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

The only thing you are not considering is that there maybe hundreds of them with weapons just like you or better. 

Also a house is an awful place to be.  To susceptible to fire

10 hours ago, 3Blade said:

Just curious to see what guys think between an AR in 556 or carbine type in 9mm in a if the sh— hits the fan situation. I plan on getting an AR soon(So you know, I am the  farthest thing from a gun expert so just looking for thoughts and opinions) 

223 Wylde...