IGNORED

I think I found best pizza in NJ

JHbowhunter

50 minutes ago, Nomad said:

I think the only thing I would be scared of is climbing to the top of one of those cell towers and changing lightbulbs. Other than that nothing much puts a fright into me.😃

My PH in South Africa climbed a power line tower to glass an area for game. He used a dog leash for a safety belt. :praying:

DSC00981.JPG

Edited by archer36

1959 my ship pulled in to the Port of Naples Italy. Tide up to the sea wall and ran Boats in for Liberty. 

Pizza was unheard of they had no Idea waht we were talking about.  Hence no Pizza, How ever the bakerys would make us a Tomato Pie  No Cheese asked about Perpperoi  was told availible only in the winter .

So much about Italian Pizza  :acclaim:  Yet it was availible in good ol NJ  in all its glory at the time. 

USS_Tanner_AGS-15_big.jpg

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

18 hours ago, 1957Buck said:

1959 my ship pulled in to the Port of Naples Italy. Tide up to the sea wall and ran Boats in for Liberty. 

Pizza was unheard of they had no Idea waht we were talking about.  Hence no Pizza, How ever the bakerys would make us a Tomato Pie  No Cheese asked about Perpperoi  was told availible only in the winter .

So much about Italian Pizza  :acclaim:  Yet it was availible in good ol NJ  in all its glory at the time. 

USS_Tanner_AGS-15_big.jpg

If you woulda just asked “per una margherita” your story would’ve been much different. 
Da Michele and a few others are over 100yrs of continuous business. 
The word pizza in many of those neighborhoods or “quartiere” referred to something that resembled a calzone.. with ricotta and a little pancetta. 
But don’t feel bad, you’re not the only American who came back from Italy disappointed in the food. Americans go there thinking to find the world’s best spaghetti and meatballs or chicken parm… that’s American food. I’m guilty too..If I go to India I’m expecting their slurpee technology to be advanced and cutting edge. 

Added note: that tomato pie was focaccia. 👍🏻

Edited by 68Ioweu1

1 hour ago, 68Ioweu1 said:

If you woulda just asked “per una margherita” your story would’ve been much different. 
Da Michele and a few others are over 100yrs of continuous business. 
The word pizza in many of those neighborhoods or “quartiere” referred to something that resembled a calzone.. with ricotta and a little pancetta. 
But don’t feel bad, you’re not the only American who came back from Italy disappointed in the food. Americans go there thinking to find the world’s best spaghetti and meatballs or chicken parm… that’s American food. I’m guilty too..If I go to India I’m expecting their slurpee technology to be advanced and cutting edge. 

Added note: that tomato pie was focaccia. 👍🏻

When we asked we had escourts that spoke perfic english kenew what we wanted had been to the States. 

As far as the food no matter were we went Familys would invite us to thier homes to eat --Tryed to pay something but they would get insulted tridition is Bring the Wine there were wine cellers in eveery neiborhood in barrels sold by the Gallon $4.00 plus deposit.  That Red was like no others I have had since even the homemades in the us . 

BOMBAY was our port of caal for R&R  spliiting up the Persian Gulf Tour. It was no place to eat or drink but had a huge Black Market That is another story.  

Note the lady escourts were with us from the time we steped ashore $20 each plus Meals and drinks.    Protatution was Illeagle ;) :cheers:

Edited by 1957Buck

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif