IGNORED

1/13 Check In

Greybeard

Anybody out this morning doing any kind of hunting?  There hasn't been anything on my camera in the mornings in over a week.  Still had 90% snow coverage last night and some big tracks from a couple shooters coming through after dark.  Was going to see where they are coming from this morning but the snow is most likely all gone now after last nights weather.  Going out early anyway to head in the direction they came from and look for a better spot.  Good luck yo anybody out today.  Looks like today is the last of the warm weather for a while.

Hit a zone 5 wma this morning. Got there at sunrise and did a slow walk around all the field edges looking into the woods. Nice and quiet ground but avoided the woods with the wind, I kept hearing branches come down.  Didn’t see a thing but every trip is a trip to scout also. 

I may go out tomorrow, and I'm thinking of hunting Friday and Saturday next week, it looks like we could have some snow and cold temperatures, it's what winter bow is supposed to be like! 

4 minutes ago, Tarhunt said:

I'm on the fence about going out this afternoon. I hunt from the ground and have to watch the wind. 

Me too.  Even with my baking soda regiment they have been picking up my scent when the wind is to my back.  They are hesitant to come within 2oyds and eventually walk away after a long stand off looking for me.  Only takes one in the group to put them all on alert.  Got to move so the wind is in your favor

2 minutes ago, Gman said:

I may go out tomorrow, and I'm thinking of hunting Friday and Saturday next week, it looks like we could have some snow and cold temperatures, it's what winter bow is supposed to be like! 

Snow for this Tuesday too