IGNORED

Sitka what to buy

Turkeyslayer

2 hours ago, nmc02 said:

I own their two warmest sets....

Gun hunting....I recommend the incinerator bib/jacket. Incredibly warm & waterproof. It is not super quiet. 

Bow hunting....I recommend the Fanatic bib/jacket. Also Incredibly warm, but NOT waterproof. Fleece & quiet.

You can't go wrong w either. I will never buy another camo brand. Love it.

I was hoping for something quite and waterproof but it seems to be impossible to find

2 hours ago, bowguide said:

The cut of their jackets is just no good for me...not comfortable at all....and not really impressed with the quality for the price. I do love the hat and neck gaiter though

Funny how everyone is so different. I find their stuff fits me perfect (short & fat)......I am between XL & XXL in most camo. Their XXL fits absolutely perfect, think it runs slightly small. The comfort is unreal and my incinerator camo is from 2015 and is like new. 

I tried the First Lite and hated the fit......WAY TOO BIG. 

The only other camo I would consider (fleece) is Code of Silence or Nomad Fleece

I'm not thrilled with mine.

I have the lightweight set for fall and the fanatic bibs/jacket for winter.

The color seems very bright for my liking. I feel like a glow plug against dark trees. Best for if your are sky lined. Alot of blue tones.

The belt of the pants is a joke. For the money I'd rather have had nothing instead of cheap junk. Mine broke on day 1.

The bibs shoulder straps on the fanatic are thin and the buckle lines right up with my nipples which is painful on cold days when I'm "cutting glass" with my titties.🤪 honest review here.

The fanatic jacket has that stupid zipper design which is nice for having a built in "muff" style pocket- but I'd prefer to give up the pocket and that giant kangaroo pocket on the chest (which is kind of nice) but I like to unzip my jacket and you can't wear it unzipped. (Not to mention it's difficult to put on maybe dur to my larger than average stomach bc you need to start the zipper on your left side)

Overall- I rarely use the early season stuff.  Half the time early season I don't even use camo ...especially if I'm in a blind.

The winter stuff I use a few time a yr. On fall days where I don't want to bundle up layers I just toss the fanatic jacket over a t-shirt and I'm cozy.

I like the safety belt hole so you can wear the belt under the coat.

I'd still reccomend them overall- pretty nice stuff if you don't mind the price tag. Just not as happy as i thought id be after using it. Could be better, I'm happy- just not thrilled.

I have a Sitka Incinerator Bib which I find very warm and waterproof, you can wear only a base layer under it and they fit great but if you try to squeeze a pair of sweats under gonna get tight . I have a Status Jacket and Fanatic Hoodie both have gotten me through some below 30 temps with a good Merino base layer . Recommendations is go try them on, I'm usually buying one size up without hesitation, fit is very athletic .Even the Incinerator bibs have a tapered leg which makes no sense ...since you'd be wearing bulky boots if you chose these to wear.    I don't know why they can't incorporate a waterproof fabric into their Fanatic line ? Loss of quietness ?? It would be nice to have an "all round"  from them but I guess that would defeat marketing lol 

I used Cabalas MTO50 bib and jacket for years never wore the jacket because it was to bulky , I had Fleece hoodie from Cabelas it had windstopper and goretex , wore them to death and now my oldest is using them.. over 20 years old and still holding up. 

13 hours ago, JerseyJaysTaxidermy said:

I

The bibs shoulder straps on the fanatic are thin and the buckle lines right up with my nipples which is painful on cold days when I'm "cutting glass" with my titties.🤪 honest review here.

The fanatic jacket has that stupid zipper design which is nice for having a built in "muff" style pocket- but I'd prefer to give up the pocket and that giant kangaroo pocket on the chest (which is kind of nice) but I like to unzip my jacket and you can't wear it unzipped. (Not to mention it's difficult to put on maybe dur to my larger than average stomach bc you need to start the zipper on your left side)

LMAO , I thought it was only me !!!!   Portly individuals need not apply  ☹️

First Lite Sanctuary for cold.  No layering just base layer.  Comfortable, quiet, warm, water proof great set up for bow hunting.  I'm sure gun hunting also however, I only use for bow.

Sitka Fanatic for real cold.  No layering just base layer.  Comfortable, warm, not water proof, but very water resistant, great for bowhunting.  I have to carry in jacket and wear bibs opened up so I don't get hot.  Haven't worn my Fanatic yet this season or at all last season because it hasn't been cold enough.

10 hours ago, Nanuk said:

LMAO , I thought it was only me !!!!   Portly individuals need not apply  ☹️

I’m 5’10” and 180lb and I find fanatic jacket correct for my size uncomfortably too tight. I returned it. 

On 1/9/2024 at 8:09 AM, hammer4reel said:

I like Code of Silence way better than I did Sitka .

in both fit and function .

Their  different zone 7 series have been great .

been using the zone 7 Versa series to 30 degrees .

the zone 7 Dialed in series below 30.

I guess I should say thank you, LOL.  I checked out their clothing and ended up spending a shit load of $ for gear I probably don't need... My wife is going to be shaking her head when tis order shows up...:letsparty: