IGNORED

Training Plans

not on the rug

bowhunter 2004  weakness may be a side effect of the medications took a while but my doctors figured out that my meds were causing muscle weakness to the point that i went from riding a recumbent bike 7 miles and walking 1 or 2 miles a day to in 3 days not being able to walk 20 feet within a few days after changing things up i started to get back to normal,side effects of some are bad i had one that was making me see triple another would cause breathing issues..

Edited by buckhound

When I turned 40 I got a physical, I go to the doctors on the 0 birthdays, and my cholesterol was 220.  My lifestyle at the time was crap.  I was eating muffins every morning and ice-cream every night and was getting very little exercise.  The doctor immediately wanted to put me on cholesterol meds.  I told him it was lousy living that caused the cholesterol and that I first wanted to try diet and exercise before I started popping pills.  He was adamant that I take meds, I refused, and never went back to him.  Since then, I'm in my mid 50s now, I have oatmeal for breakfast every morning, I only have ice-cream once a week and I exercise just about every day.  My cholesterol is 170, and my blood pressure is 110 / 70.  

If you can do it without the pills, do it.  

Now I'm not a doctor, so take what I'm saying with a grain of salt...here's a little cholesterol 101 for anyone who cares to listen.  

80% of cholesterol is made in your body.  You can't do a whole heck of a lot to raise or lower your total cholesterol levels.  If you eat more cholesterol, your body makes less.  If you eat less cholesterol, your body makes more.  That's just how the system works. Cholesterol is the building block of our bodies.  

What we can control a bit more is our cholesterol ratios, our triglycerides and our systemic inflammation. Choosing the right fat sources, avoiding the wrong ones.  Eating plenty of fruits and veggies, etc.  Avoiding excess carbs and processed sugars (which cause your trigs to spike).  

I'll link an article for anyone who's interested.  Dr. Peter Attia did a series called "The Straight Dope on Cholesterol."  I'll link Part 1.  At the bottom you can click on Part 2, and so on.  I encourage anyone and everyone to read it. It's a little sciency at first and there is a bit of material, but it will probably be the first time anyone has ever spoken truthfully to you about cholesterol, what it does and how it works.  

http://eatingacademy.com/nutrition/the-straight-dope-on-cholesterol-part-i

As for the BP stuff, your body's mineral/electrolyte balance and stress levels play a large role in that.  Specifically things like Magnesium and Potassium.  And of course sodium.  High quality pink Himalayan salt is the only salt in my house.  No "Table salt" or any garbage like that.  Stuff that's chemically assembled in a factory somewhere is not food.  Just like things that come in boxes or bags  or packages.  Not food. None of it.  

If everyone ate meat, veggies, fruit and some seed and nuts 99% of this stuff wouldn't be an issue.  A treat is a treat.  Ice cream once or twice a month is a treat, not a nightly dessert.  Chips, cookies, pretzels, crackers, pasta....all not food.  Stop eating it.  Pasta is disgusting.  Wanna learn that fact super quickly?  Boil up a pot of it, drain it and eat it.  Plain.  Not a damn thing on it.  No salt, olive oil, butter, homemade sauce, etc.  You can't eat it that way because it's gross.  You're not enjoying the pasta, you're enjoying the stuff you put on it.  Same goes for bread and bread products.  You can't eat it plain.  You need to dress it up with condiments, meats, cheeses, butter, etc to make it edible.  Stop eating bread for a month and then go back and pick up a plain piece and try to eat it.  You'll spit it out.  It tastes like cardboard.

We've been tricked and conditioned in to eating these products since we were children. Loaded with sugar, fake salt, artificial flavorings, texturizers, gums, etc to turn non-food items in to something palatable.  Take your life back and stop eating these products 

Looks like everyone has good plans heading into 2017. 

My plan is to just be as active as I can and focus more on the nutrition side. That being said I have been trying to run but its been putting a beating on my knees since I had a torn meniscus  in the past so its the bike and other cardio for me. And try to weight train atleast 3 times per week. Want to get my weight down to about 195 or 200 pounds. Currently I'm at 230 and thats already down 13 pounds from the day after christmas when I started getting back into shape. 

At one point was at 170 to 175 but its to light for me and I look sickly I have been told. So I figure 195 is a good spot. 

AWM #2

I wake up put a pinck of dip in drink 20oz mt dew, walk my trap line for 2 hr, put a dip sit behind a deskin drink a 2 leater of mt dew and 22 dips over the next 8 hrs, go home skin critters eat meat & patoes drink 2 leater of dew and 15 dips go to bed. thats my work out

Dips have always been good for the tri's. Good job.

Now I'm not a doctor, so take what I'm saying with a grain of salt...here's a little cholesterol 101 for anyone who cares to listen.  

80% of cholesterol is made in your body.  You can't do a whole heck of a lot to raise or lower your total cholesterol levels.  If you eat more cholesterol, your body makes less.  If you eat less cholesterol, your body makes more.  That's just how the system works. Cholesterol is the building block of our bodies.  

What we can control a bit more is our cholesterol ratios, our triglycerides and our systemic inflammation. Choosing the right fat sources, avoiding the wrong ones.  Eating plenty of fruits and veggies, etc.  Avoiding excess carbs and processed sugars (which cause your trigs to spike).  

I'll link an article for anyone who's interested.  Dr. Peter Attia did a series called "The Straight Dope on Cholesterol."  I'll link Part 1.  At the bottom you can click on Part 2, and so on.  I encourage anyone and everyone to read it. It's a little sciency at first and there is a bit of material, but it will probably be the first time anyone has ever spoken truthfully to you about cholesterol, what it does and how it works.  

http://eatingacademy.com/nutrition/the-straight-dope-on-cholesterol-part-i

As for the BP stuff, your body's mineral/electrolyte balance and stress levels play a large role in that.  Specifically things like Magnesium and Potassium.  And of course sodium.  High quality pink Himalayan salt is the only salt in my house.  No "Table salt" or any garbage like that.  Stuff that's chemically assembled in a factory somewhere is not food.  Just like things that come in boxes or bags  or packages.  Not food. None of it.  

If everyone ate meat, veggies, fruit and some seed and nuts 99% of this stuff wouldn't be an issue.  A treat is a treat.  Ice cream once or twice a month is a treat, not a nightly dessert.  Chips, cookies, pretzels, crackers, pasta....all not food.  Stop eating it.  Pasta is disgusting.  Wanna learn that fact super quickly?  Boil up a pot of it, drain it and eat it.  Plain.  Not a damn thing on it.  No salt, olive oil, butter, homemade sauce, etc.  You can't eat it that way because it's gross.  You're not enjoying the pasta, you're enjoying the stuff you put on it.  Same goes for bread and bread products.  You can't eat it plain.  You need to dress it up with condiments, meats, cheeses, butter, etc to make it edible.  Stop eating bread for a month and then go back and pick up a plain piece and try to eat it.  You'll spit it out.  It tastes like cardboard.

We've been tricked and conditioned in to eating these products since we were children. Loaded with sugar, fake salt, artificial flavorings, texturizers, gums, etc to turn non-food items in to something palatable.  Take your life back and stop eating these products 

Agree with all you said here NOTR, the main thing we all have to remember is that food companies understand biology better than the people consuming the food.  You have to really understand how the chemical biological system processes the salts, sugars, additives to know that once you start eating it, it becomes addictive and you want more. It's like the high an addict gets from the drug and when they come down they want more to get the feeling back.  Natural foods fill you up and you stop eating BC you are full.  You can only eat so many walnuts but you can eat a gallon of ice cream or 2 liters of coke etc... Pharma co's push drugs on Dr's and they push them on us.  The holistic Dr's don't.  Do some research on Native American remedies for ailments and you'll be shocked.  

Looks like everyone has good plans heading into 2017. 

My plan is to just be as active as I can and focus more on the nutrition side. That being said I have been trying to run but its been putting a beating on my knees since I had a torn meniscus  in the past so its the bike and other cardio for me. And try to weight train atleast 3 times per week. Want to get my weight down to about 195 or 200 pounds. Currently I'm at 230 and thats already down 13 pounds from the day after christmas when I started getting back into shape. 

At one point was at 170 to 175 but its to light for me and I look sickly I have been told. So I figure 195 is a good spot. 

Mikey stop eating pasta ......

ESTATESALESBYOLGA.COM    ALWAYS BUYING ANTIQUE AND VINTAGE ITEMS  CALL 908 868 8236 MIKE

Dorian Yates said it best "rubbing sandpaper on your palms to create calluses. If you rubbed your hands raw and bloody every day, they would never have the chance to heal up and form thicker skin. A callus is nothing but the body's way of handling the stress of repetitive friction, just as bigger and stronger muscles are its response to the stress of intense weight training. A muscle will only grow if that adaptation is given time to take place. How long that recovery process takes will depend on various factors, including whether or not an individual is using anabolic steroids (which will speed up the process)". Train that particular muscle every 6-7 days....I used to do this method when I had the time to do so, I would love to do this again but with having a 13 month old child, I can't swing the gym time like I used too. I'll think of something but I'll have to put to muscle groups into one day which I hate doing but I need to at this point...That'll start in February...Started my diet this week so i'll let that take effect for two weeks then start my Test Cycle and boom, back at it.

Agree with all you said here NOTR, the main thing we all have to remember is that food companies understand biology better than the people consuming the food.  You have to really understand how the chemical biological system processes the salts, sugars, additives to know that once you start eating it, it becomes addictive and you want more. It's like the high an addict gets from the drug and when they come down they want more to get the feeling back.  Natural foods fill you up and you stop eating BC you are full.  You can only eat so many walnuts but you can eat a gallon of ice cream or 2 liters of coke etc... Pharma co's push drugs on Dr's and they push them on us.  The holistic Dr's don't.  Do some research on Native American remedies for ailments and you'll be shocked.  

Right. Food companies have effectively tapped in to the food reward system that is inherent in our brains.  Fatty, Salty and Sweet food sources are scarce in nature so our primal brain tells our bodies to gorge on those things when we come across them.  The problem is that we (as a culture) have immediate access to endless fatty, salty and sweet foods in abundance.  If you had to hunt for a month in order to find a pint of ice cream, of course you'd gorge on it when you found it.  When you can waddle your fat ass down to Wegmans or Shoprite and go down an entire isle of ice cream, select several gallons to place in your cart, then grab a few bags of salty snacks to have as well, you've eliminated the scarcity of those sources, as well as the work required to attain those sources and gone straight to overloading the reward centers of the brain.  

Here's where it gets even worse. A breakfast of eggs, meat vegetables, etc has changed to a breakfast of sweetened cereals and worthless pasteurized dairy.  Immediate blood sugar spike, then drop 2 hours later.  Must have sugary snack...Then lunch rolls around.  More than likely a sandwich.  Salty meats.  More pasteurized dairy.  A few slices of bread that is utterly devoid of nutrition.  Probably a soda.  A few hours later you're starving and feeling that mid-afternoon burnout.  Probably a soda or a coffee, loaded with more dairy and sugar of course.  Then dinner.  Maybe a decent cut of meat.  Some disgusting frozen or canned veggies.  Probably some pasta or rice slathered in butter.  Definitely a sugary dessert because you had a hard day and you deserve it.  (LOL)   And then the evening snack. Maybe some more of that yummy ice cream or some more crunchy, salty stuff.  

You've eaten very little actual food throughout the day, taken in very little actual nutrition.  You've overloaded yourself with chemicals, additives, stabilizers, colorings, preservatives, processed sugars, hydrogenated and fake fats/oils and a laundry list of other non-food items.  

Is it any wonder that the average american is fat, lazy, exhausted, has poor cholesterol ratios and has a 1 in 4 chance of developing cancer in their life?

The worst part is that their brains have been rewarded by a lifetime of eating this way: The pleasure centers have been utterly burned out since childhood.  No wonder things like apples or spinach taste horrible to most people.  Of course those things don't taste as good as pop-tarts and coke:  They're not packed with chemicals, excess salt, fat and sugar to trick your brain in to thinking they taste good.