IGNORED

No Whittingham protesters this year

Bucksnbows

I was a little disappointed. Was hoping to see the CUNY whack-job professor getting arrested again. I’ve seen it happen twice over the years. :laughing:

Saw some friends from the Division including the Director (now Assistant Commissioner) and former Chief of Freshwater Fisheries as well as Chief of I&E, all of whom I’ve worked closely with over the years. 

Mine was the third bear of the morning and the protesters were not on site. Apparently they weren’t last December either. Maybe they are finally admitting defeat or now plan other tactics which is more likely than just giving up. Took my bear to Tom the Butcher. First time using him. 

Congrats! Thank you for harvesting one.

1 hour ago, Bucksnbows said:

I was a little disappointed. Was hoping to see the CUNY whack-job professor getting arrested again. I’ve seen it happen twice over the years. :laughing:

lol. I think the last time he was arrested the judge warned him there would be no more lenient sentences. I would have loved to see him spend 6 months in jail.

1 hour ago, nb6624 said:

They were there. You just went to early.  CBS 7 was also there with some purple haired thing doing interviews.  Don't fall for their tricks.." no comment" ...

I just watched it. Former Senator Lesniak was there spewing his falsities. Pathetically squeezed into his old Army fatigues.

There was a Division employee there named Golden. Anyone know who he is? He was calmly and intelligently giving facts to the reporter .... highest bear densities in the country, etc

Edited by Jim_

51 minutes ago, Jim_ said:

I just watched it. Former Senator Lesniak was there spewing his falsities. Pathetically squeezed into his old Army fatigues.

There was a Division employee there named Golden. Anyone know who he is? He was calmly and intelligently giving facts to the reporter .... highest bear densities in the country, etc

He is the Assistant Commissioner of DEP who heads the Division of Fish and Wildlife.

1 hour ago, Jim_ said:

He’s the top dog. Dave is a straight shooter. We talked at length today, but mostly about brook trout in NH. He’s the Assistant Commissioner for F&W. Used to be a Director level job that is now up one level. 

20 minutes ago, Dmg14b said:

Was there around 11 to check mine in. No sign of the wackadoos. 

It was my first bear I was almost looking forward to it!!

They showed later I heard. The news had a planned interview at noon and I knew that. Sounds like they waited for the news to show and staged their pitiful protest and went home. 

8 hours ago, Bucksnbows said:

They showed later I heard. The news had a planned interview at noon and I knew that. Sounds like they waited for the news to show and staged their pitiful protest and went home. 

:cryingcry::happywave:

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt