IGNORED

Is it Tuna Time?

NJNewbie

Went out yesterday. Did some pot hopping in the mudhole area.  

I brought the tuna gear but didn't touch it. Saw a few guys trolling but no one hooking up and no marks. 

Ended up with 16 mahi and lost a lot boat side. No real big ones but enough for a few nice meals. I'm thinking ceviche.

I also made one of the smaller ones whole last night, came out pretty good in a lemon butter white wine sauce, but the skin is a little tough. Anyone have any recommendations for whole mahi? 

1 hour ago, NJNewbie said:

Went out yesterday. Did some pot hopping in the mudhole area.  

I brought the tuna gear but didn't touch it. Saw a few guys trolling but no one hooking up and no marks. 

Ended up with 16 mahi and lost a lot boat side. No real big ones but enough for a few nice meals. I'm thinking ceviche.

I also made one of the smaller ones whole last night, came out pretty good in a lemon butter white wine sauce, but the skin is a little tough. Anyone have any recommendations for whole mahi? 

Mahi tacos , awesome way to eat them 

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

• 6 months later...

Almost that time...

Boat is going in the water this week, some final prep things to get done first. 

When does everyone start heading offshore?

I usually play with the bass and blues until fluke opens, then by the end of may/start of June,  might be time to start looking around offshore. 

18 minutes ago, NJNewbie said:

Almost that time...

Boat is going in the water this week, some final prep things to get done first. 

When does everyone start heading offshore?

I usually play with the bass and blues until fluke opens, then by the end of may/start of June,  might be time to start looking around offshore. 

We got a little bit of time,,,,,,,,,Hopefully the bluefin bite is like last year. I'm ready

I absolutely love tuna fishing!!

I just purchased a new jigging reel & rod. Looking forward to doing some more NJ yellowfin fishing this year (2 trips booked in Aug) & hope to get out a few other times.

Also would like to get out for bluefin in Fall here if they are close again. 

I have my usual week in Cape Cod in September & may do a day or two more up there.

Edited by nmc02

19 hours ago, nmc02 said:

I just purchased a new jigging reel & rod. Looking forward to doing some more NJ yellowfin fishing this year (2 trips booked in Aug) & hope to get out a few other times.

Keep buying that new gear so can keep getting your like new used gear for 1/2 price!!!

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

My buddy just repowered his 36 GW with trip 300 yamahas from 2 350's.  We will take care of breakin going after stripers then we will be ready to head off shore.  Hopefully we get that inshore bite again! Brought my boat down to the marina on Monday.  Striper fishing should be heating up soon with the big ones moving in.