IGNORED

East wind next couple of days?

Pathman

Was considering a charter on a medium size boat, but was wondering how much the east wind would impact the fishing, not so much the fisherman, but I guess that’s a consideration as well. 
I can go anytime, so no need to get beat up out there on a windy day. 

39 minutes ago, Pathman said:

Was considering a charter on a medium size boat, but was wondering how much the east wind would impact the fishing, not so much the fisherman, but I guess that’s a consideration as well. 

Morning or magic hours

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

1 hour ago, Pathman said:

East wind WILL be you up depending on boat size and USUALLY not the best conditions for fish to want to chew. Emphasis on usually, you could end up killing them.

AWM

Friday looks good as long as the marine forecast holds true, sometimes they under estimate the east wind, you also have to consider the tide, east wind against an outgoing tide the bay generally gets angry. If its a decent size boat you should be fine, not my favorite wind but the fish usually don't mind

You said charter do you mean like a six pack or a walk on party head boat. Wind n Tide is everything it makes it or breaks it. Definitely go on a weekday the weekend boat traffic can break up the bunker schools and spook n scatter the stripers. I like the 25th or 26th

https://www.usharbors.com/harbor/new-jersey/sandy-hook-nj/weather/#harbor-nav

Edited by hunterbob1

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

22 minutes ago, hunterbob1 said:

You said charter do you mean like a six pack or a walk on party head boat. Wind n Tide is everything it makes it or breaks it. Definitely go on a weekday the weekend boat traffic can break up the bunker schools and spook n scatter the stripers. I like the 25th or 26th

https://www.usharbors.com/harbor/new-jersey/sandy-hook-nj/weather/#harbor-nav

This is what my forecast says for Friday but if yours is more accurate I would skip the trip. Sundays looking a little better for an outgoing

Friday-ESE wind 6 to 10 kt. Sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
E wind around 9 kt. A chance of drizzle after 2am. Seas around 1 ft
Sunday-WSW wind 7 to 9 kt. Showers. Seas around 1 ft.
WNW wind around 12 kt. A chance of showers. Seas around 1 ft.