IGNORED

OC NJ Stop Wind Development

1 hour ago, hammer4reel said:

This shows the area of the wind farms slated for NJ .

areas that have been the BEST fishing areas for hundreds of years .

‘They are going to put a 5 year minimum restricted area during the build . Not allowing boat traffic etc .

billion dollar losses in the fishing community for more expensive electric rates .

A HUGE. Portion of the studies of the effects of all of this were signed off on .

project full steam ahead with no regard to ramifications.

6E765455-E02F-4BB1-A55D-3E82DE96D35A.jpeg

Great map! They should put all of these Turbines by Biden’s Beach home! Imagine all the noise and flashing lights off the coast. The night sky will shine with poll lights. So beautiful for all shore communities. How many birds will be slaughtered as they migrate? These green jerks stopped a natural gas pipeline in Southern Jersey over tree frogs and they push for wind energy as 5hey tear up the seabed?? 

Edited by Batsto

Just now, Batsto said:

Great map! They should put all of these Turbines by Biden’s Beach home! Imagine all the noise and flashing lights off the coast. The night sky will shine with poll lights. So beautiful for all shore communities. How many birds will be slaughtered as they migrate. 

Proven fact that the hum from the blades causes serious nerve and hearing  issues in humans .

constant head aches etc

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

49 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

GREEN energy is about the money being made , not the ecological impact to the earth .

I think you're right, at least for the players taking over now. But petroleum and coal-based energy is, like "green" energy, about $$. And it has been for at least a century. Ask the Rockefellers or BP or the Saudis or the last American who got an ExxonMobil dividend this year. That was my only point. Does the profit motive overshadow any real, scientific weighing of the costs and benefits of different systems? It seems so. Oil lobbies vs solar panel lobbies, with both truck enthusiasts and granola eaters caught in the middle, kinda clueless as anyone who cares enough searches around for real information that seems manipulated for $$.  That's a kinda scary point for anyone who believes in free market approaches to energy production.

I've been looking at different articles. To be honest, I can't quite figure out what's going on there. It seems that nearly everyone has skin in the game, and their skin influences what they claim "objectively." I tried to look at the local paper, the Block Island Times, but the responses to the articles I found raise even more issues.  Yet carving up sensitive ocean floors seems like a real bad idea, whether it's Barnegat Bay or farther out. Perversely, one of the seemingly most objective articles I've come about is a cost/benefit analysis of real estate markets for areas that lose their pristine ocean views. The key players are more interested in the cost of real estate around new energy projects than they are their cost/benefits to the wider world.  They all pollute and destroy, although I'm sure to different degrees even though the above problems mean I can't quite figure it out...

When automobiles took over from horses in Eastern cities of the early 20thC., the mayors' offices often celebrated the horseless carriages that meant there was no more manure clogging the streets. 

What has been written in this thread is all good factual info and commented with no political bias for the most part. Problem is the very legislators it could be presented to simply wouldn’t understand it or even care to in the name of “going green”

Edited by MGHunter66

AWM

I worked on a wind farm in PA years ago as a wildlife monitor.   A major utility company cut miles and miles of forest for access roads and tower pads.  Beautiful hemlock and deciduous areas where a number of cool birds nested.  The clearing coupled with the MASSIVE amounts of diesel fuel burned during construction was not going to be off-set by the energy generated before the end of the lifespan of the infrastructure.  Not to mention all the rattlesnakes and other wildlife that got ran over before we could get to them.  But hey, what Greta wants, Greta gets.

2 hours ago, MGHunter66 said:

What has been written in this thread is all good factual info and commented with no political bias for the most part. Problem is the very legislators it could be presented to simply wouldn’t understand it or even care to in the name of “going green”

There ya go; you had to ruin it again and bring in your bias ;)

The wind turbines at best are 60 percent efficient and are made in China and Germany. They lose 1 to 4 percent of efficiency every year and each blade is taller than the Statue of Liberty and their life expectancy is 20 years. Most likely less because of the salt water. They can only withstand a Cat 3 hurricane and they will be from North Carolina up to the state of Maine. 

"The Nation Which Forgets Its Defenders, Will Itself Be Forgotten".

Another issue is they go into free spin producing no energy  at 10 knots.

they haven’t found a way to stop the electricity from stacking above that speed .

braking didn’t work .

so once the afternoon winds go above 10 knots they spin for nothing but wear and tear 

so life expectancy where winds hit 30 and 40 many times a month will quickly be shortened .

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

10 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

Another issue is they go into free spin producing no energy  at 10 knots.

they haven’t found a way to stop the electricity from stacking above that speed .

braking didn’t work .

so once the afternoon winds go above 10 knots they spin for nothing but wear and tear 

so life expectancy where winds hit 30 and 40 many times a month will quickly be shortened .

That is ridiculous. All these negatives and problems yet they continue to push forward. 

AWM

As a result of the completely predictable failing of green energy systems and a lack of base load power, I believe we can draw the following conclusions:

Rolling blackouts will occur sometime in the near future, with urban crime waves as a feature.

Windmill plans can be opposed locally with a fair chance of winning

People will eventually realize that they have been betrayed by the green energy farce and will do what they need to do for home heating.  Coal burning for heat will become popular again as it has in Germany.

The flight from green energy states will intensify.

Someone is getting greased to approve this. It simply does not work because it is to expensive. Check with Bayonne. They are loosing huge amount of money every single year to have the “ wind power”. The maintenance cost is incredible and just imagine what it will cost in the middle of the ocean. In addition, they only produce electricity with winds under 10MPH. It’s a liberal insanity but everything coming from this section of our population is stupid, everything. Again don’t forget to thank people who vote for them, you know who you are losers, you must be in heaven watching this country being destroyed. 

Edited by Lunatic