IGNORED

carry permit court appearance w/o approval? you'll want to pull your paperwork from the court before you are required to appear

4 minutes ago, smittty said:

One of My biggest gripes is you can’t carry in your own car that’s retarded. Then say you pull up on main st to go wherever you go in your trunk get your pistol to carry. Then someone sees you and yells gun the it’s not considered concealed. Bam jammed up

I don't know if that's true.  While the order says it the permit itself has 3 boxes 

Unrestricted see below and see order.  Unrestricted is checked

3 minutes ago, Bucksnbows said:

All the permits I have seen issued since  Bruen state no carrying when in a car. 

Depends on the county. Not all 21 are doing things the same

Edited by Bucndoe

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

2 minutes ago, Bucndoe said:

Agreed on not all doing the same, but I have yet to see a single CC permit allow  carrying in the car. 

I did just see a good letter from Warren County Commissioners (formerly Freeholders) to their county Superior Court requesting they communicate clearly with applicants and issue permits in a timely fashion. 

9 minutes ago, Bucksnbows said:

All the permits I have seen issued since  Bruen state no carrying when in a car. 

So the order says it but the permit itself is unrestricted. There is a box to check to see court order if thst applied..  just how I see it

Just now, vdep217 said:

So the order says it but the permit itself is unrestricted. There is a box to check to see court order if thst applied..  just how I see it

You must comply with the order and carry it with you to be in compliance. If not, its unlawful possession. Play your hand the way you see fit, but I wouldn't recommend hanging your hat on that

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

3 minutes ago, Bucndoe said:

You must comply with the order and carry it with you to be in compliance. If not, its unlawful possession. Play your hand the way you see fit, but I wouldn't recommend hanging your hat on that

I get it but my question would be if there is a box that says un restricted and a box that says see order why wouldnt the see order be checked.   Don't get ne wrong if  in fact thats what it is I will follow I doubt it will last long with all of the calls the police get for someone  with a gun

Edited by vdep217

11 hours ago, vdep217 said:

Getting it is the only way we will fight it

Don’t totally agree with that statement V, but I understand your sentiment. 
My point is, if you think about the steps you’d physically have to do to “carry,” but weren’t allowed to while in your car, it would be ridicules. Like someone else said, you’d be exposing yourself to all kinds of situations by moving your handgun to/from a locked location in your vehicle to your person. Every time you get in/out of your car you’d be going through this routine, would be a major PIA, for what? 
Then you have to worry about someone seeing what your doing and stealing your handgun when you enter a business or building where you can’t carry it in. 
maybe if I still worked in NWK it would be worth the trouble, but living where I do, in 30 years I’ve not once felt like I needed to carry. 
I know that’s not the point, but if it was a simple “you now have the right to carry” without all the BS, then I would do it. 
I’ll wait this one out till all the bugs are worked out. 

I would think that a permit to carry is just that why wouldn't you be able to carry in your car?

I think that would be my most likely situation since i drive through a lot of less than desirable areas.

For my job I drive through Irvington, Newark , East Orange and a few other rough areas. I have not seen any restrictions that say you cannot carry in your car . I will clarify if and when i get the permit from local PD.

18 hours ago, Bucndoe said:

This is what people need to understand most. I was in a packet of the first 25 applications in my county court. I know for a fact that every single one was passed through the county prosecutor. And every single one is going to the court for an in person hearing. I find it very hard to believe that all 25 apps have issues that the judge wants to scrutinize. The first round of apps are in court this Friday the 7th. My date is the 21st. 

27 minutes ago, the truth said:

This is what people need to understand most. I was in a packet of the first 25 applications in my county court. I know for a fact that every single one was passed through the county prosecutor. And every single one is going to the court for an in person hearing. I find it very hard to believe that all 25 apps have issues that the judge wants to scrutinize. The first round of apps are in court this Friday the 7th. My date is the 21st. 

Thats how some counties are doing it..some are sending back to p.d.   i guess it all depends which one you live in...just because you have a hearing doesnt mean there is an issue..you are correct...which county do you live in?

Edited by Buckmaster3405