IGNORED

carry permit court appearance w/o approval? you'll want to pull your paperwork from the court before you are required to appear

When i was 19 i was caught shooting a 22 safely at a target in the middle of the woods well  away from any person or building ..me being young and dumb happened to cross a line into a town with a no discharge law. I was arrested and I took a plea of a petty disorderly person offense...i write that on any form that asks for that information including my carry permit application..i recieved a letter last week from prosecutor to monmouth county judge saying i was in compliance.they can easily see it was originally a gun charge .but they can not deny me for a petty disorderly person offense

7 minutes ago, hostak126 said:

The problem with the background check for a carry permit vs a permit to purchase is with the carry permits a deeper background check is occurring into you than when you apply for an FID card or handgun permit.

I have U.S. law shield and will be talking to them prior to even signing up for qualification. Someone I know (we are more friendly now and share a common interests in hunting and cooking) back in my elementary school days was looking to blame me for damage that I never did nor had knowledge of. Police wanted to talk to me and Dad refused to bring me to the station. I was with him  the entire day and was innocent of any doing. Teacher tried prying information out of me and I knew nothing of any damage. This allegation was supposed to be stricken from my record in the town I resided in, I don't think it ever was.

Were you convicted of anything? You cant be denied because you broke a window as a kid or spray painted your name on a building..

Edited by Buckmaster3405

2 minutes ago, Buckmaster3405 said:

Were you convicted of anything?

never convicted, never interviewed by the police. My teacher was asking and trying to pry information on behalf of the police one day at school. Other than that I had good grades and earned Eagle Scout while helping take care of my dying mother.

Edited by hostak126

Not trusting the government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it makes you a history buff

40 minutes ago, hostak126 said:

The problem with the background check for a carry permit vs a permit to purchase is with the carry permits a deeper background check is occurring into you than when you apply for an FID card or handgun permit.

I have U.S. law shield and will be talking to them prior to even signing up for qualification. Someone I know (we are more friendly now and share a common interests in hunting and cooking) back in my elementary school days was looking to blame me for damage that I never did nor had knowledge of. Police wanted to talk to me and Dad refused to bring me to the station. I was with him  the entire day and was innocent of any doing. Teacher tried prying information out of me and I knew nothing of any damage. This allegation was supposed to be stricken from my record in the town I resided in, I don't think it ever was.

Incorrect. The background check is the same

Edited by Bucndoe

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

31 minutes ago, hostak126 said:

never convicted, never interviewed by the police. My teacher was asking and trying to pry information on behalf of the police one day at school. Other than that I had good grades and earned Eagle Scout while helping take care of my dying mother.

That is nowhere close to being adjudged a juvenile delinquent

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

3 hours ago, hostak126 said:

Something that's been discussed on the gun for hire podcast (Episode 293 released 10/2/2022) and brought up again is when your paperwork gets to the judge. If you get a notice in the mail you've been approved and to show up this date to receive your permit... Congratulations!! Some counties are fully following Bruen and the AG's directive ie: Morris County, others like Sussex County where I reside have not issued a single permit yet.

IF you get a notice about appearing before the judge in regards to your permit and you have NOT been approved, something was found on your record and they want you to appear in court. It was brought up and has been brought up in several previous episodes the judge will deny you right then and there. Roughly about 30 or 45 days after if you have not filed an appeal (if i listened correctly) a red flag will be put on you and your firearms and FID card will be seized by the state.  The only way to prevent this seizure is to pull your paperwork from the courts before you appear.

Since the Bruen decision, we have new Second Amendment Rights that we've never had in the state prior. There are several lawsuits pending to further grant and expand our rights and hopefully down  the road will be the removal to appearing before a judge to be granted a carry permit.

The moral is should you get a notice to appear and you haven't been approved is to pull your paperwork from the court and start talking to a lawyer well versed on NJ gun laws and the Second Amendment.

Not all 21 counties are in step in the carry permit process right now. In some counties if the judge wants to see you there is something he wants to ask you about on the record. It doesn’t mean you will be denied. Some counties are placing certain restrictions, some counties are debating over open/concealed carry.  I posted about this on another thread on Sept 9, 2022 I believe.

Also, some that have been denied have been able to go on and pass NICS checks to buy on an FID and Handgun Permit.

You post way more speculation than facts on here regarding NJ Firearms Permits and cause a tremendous amount of confusion to many on here who are looking for facts about a very confusing topic.

Edited by Bucndoe

16 minutes ago, hostak126 said:

I've been hearing it's more scrutinized and a deeper check.

I’m telling you a fact that it isn’t. It’s the same with a lot more paperwork in the application 

Edited by Bucndoe

1 hour ago, Bucndoe said:

I’m telling you a fact that it isn’t. It’s the same with a lot more paperwork in the application 

Incorrect

Does a fid or handgun permit app go to a judge or prosecutor? 

Just the fact that the app goes to a judge makes it more scrutinized.   Plus if it's sent to the county prosecutor its even more scrutinized. 

IMG_20221004_0001-1.jpeg

IMG_20221004_0002.jpeg

One of My biggest gripes is you can’t carry in your own car that’s retarded. Then say you pull up on main st to go wherever you go in your trunk get your pistol to carry. Then someone sees you and yells gun the it’s not considered concealed. Bam jammed up

33 minutes ago, GoldRushGang said:

Incorrect

Does a fid or handgun permit app go to a judge or prosecutor? 

Just the fact that the app goes to a judge makes it more scrutinized.   Plus if it's sent to the county prosecutor its even more scrutinized. 

IMG_20221004_0001-1.jpeg

IMG_20221004_0002.jpeg

Nope, it's the same paperwork, same background, same computer system checks, same mental health system checks. The added paperwork is for qualiying with an approved instructor.  Nothing is different except it must get final approval from a Superior Court Judge.

There has been denials for Carry Permit because of an issue the judge wasn't comfortable with because he can but by statute there is no basis for denial of FID or Handgun Permits. The same background check and same law enforcement computer systems are used for all of them.

There isn't a "Double Secret Probation" system used for a Carry Permit

Edited by Bucndoe