IGNORED

carry permit court appearance w/o approval? you'll want to pull your paperwork from the court before you are required to appear

Something that's been discussed on the gun for hire podcast (Episode 293 released 10/2/2022) and brought up again is when your paperwork gets to the judge. If you get a notice in the mail you've been approved and to show up this date to receive your permit... Congratulations!! Some counties are fully following Bruen and the AG's directive ie: Morris County, others like Sussex County where I reside have not issued a single permit yet.

IF you get a notice about appearing before the judge in regards to your permit and you have NOT been approved, something was found on your record and they want you to appear in court. It was brought up and has been brought up in several previous episodes the judge will deny you right then and there. Roughly about 30 or 45 days after if you have not filed an appeal (if i listened correctly) a red flag will be put on you and your firearms and FID card will be seized by the state.  The only way to prevent this seizure is to pull your paperwork from the courts before you appear.

Since the Bruen decision, we have new Second Amendment Rights that we've never had in the state prior. There are several lawsuits pending to further grant and expand our rights and hopefully down  the road will be the removal to appearing before a judge to be granted a carry permit.

The moral is should you get a notice to appear and you haven't been approved is to pull your paperwork from the court and start talking to a lawyer well versed on NJ gun laws and the Second Amendment.

Not trusting the government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it makes you a history buff

14 minutes ago, hostak126 said:

Something that's been discussed on the gun for hire podcast (Episode 293 released 10/2/2022) and brought up again is when your paperwork gets to the judge. If you get a notice in the mail you've been approved and to show up this date to receive your permit... Congratulations!! Some counties are fully following Bruen and the AG's directive ie: Morris County, others like Sussex County where I reside have not issued a single permit yet.

IF you get a notice about appearing before the judge in regards to your permit and you have NOT been approved, something was found on your record and they want you to appear in court. It was brought up and has been brought up in several previous episodes the judge will deny you right then and there. Roughly about 30 or 45 days after if you have not filed an appeal (if i listened correctly) a red flag will be put on you and your firearms and FID card will be seized by the state.  The only way to prevent this seizure is to pull your paperwork from the courts before you appear.

Since the Bruen decision, we have new Second Amendment Rights that we've never had in the state prior. There are several lawsuits pending to further grant and expand our rights and hopefully down  the road will be the removal to appearing before a judge to be granted a carry permit.

The moral is should you get a notice to appear and you haven't been approved is to pull your paperwork from the court and start talking to a lawyer well versed on NJ gun laws and the Second Amendment.

Not sure this is correct, cop I know said everyone been having to go before a judge and a bunch are getting permits 

10 minutes ago, smittty said:

I’m glad I waited. It just happened to fast and I had a feeling guys may get jammed up and didn’t want to be one of them 

Why are you glad..if people ger jammed up its because they have a backround issue...if you have nothing to hide then apply .if anything the people who are glad to wait will have more red tape to go through .just like anything gun related in nj is a waiting game .but if you do everything right you will be granted your permit 

35 minutes ago, Slayer1962 said:

I live in Ocean and they said when the chief approves it goes to Ocean county not sure if everyone gets called before the judge or not will keep you posted 

So do I manchester I've been on judges desk for 3 weeks

8 minutes ago, Buckmaster3405 said:

Why are you glad..if people ger jammed up its because they have a backround issue...if you have nothing to hide then apply .if anything the people who are glad to wait will have more red tape to go through .just like anything gun related in nj is a waiting game .but if you do everything right you will be granted your permit 

I have nothing to hide I’m sure i buy and sell more guns then most and for that reason is why I’m going slow. I don’t trust this state. And don’t need to get jammed up

For those how say you have nothing to hide, you never know until someone who is looking makes that determination. 

example - You can purchase because you don't have anything that stops you from purchasing or selling a firearm.

BUT - the judge may not like an arrest for which you were not guilty or the charges were dropped.

In my eyes, you are innocent until proven guilty so you should not be barred from carrying because of an arrest of which you were proven innocent or not guilty. 

This is just an example of something that might come up.

I have the most respect for officers, BUT there is a reason for attorneys. There is a reason for attorneys having specific areas of which they practice law.

FPC  - "Without either the first or second amendment, we would have no liberty; the first allows us to find out what's happening, the second allows us to do something about it! The second will be taken away first, followed by the first and then the rest of our freedoms." - Andrew Ford

35 minutes ago, thefirstndsecond said:

For those how say you have nothing to hide, you never know until someone who is looking makes that determination. 

example - You can purchase because you don't have anything that stops you from purchasing or selling a firearm.

BUT - the judge may not like an arrest for which you were not guilty or the charges were dropped.

In my eyes, you are innocent until proven guilty so you should not be barred from carrying because of an arrest of which you were proven innocent or not guilty. 

This is just an example of something that might come up.

I have the most respect for officers, BUT there is a reason for attorneys. There is a reason for attorneys having specific areas of which they practice law.

That is not something that can not deny you for and they know that..a judge will never do that ...i guess nowadays you cant say never lol. But judges will not risk everything because of an arrest unless there was a conviction 

The problem with the background check for a carry permit vs a permit to purchase is with the carry permits a deeper background check is occurring into you than when you apply for an FID card or handgun permit.

I have U.S. law shield and will be talking to them prior to even signing up for qualification. Someone I know (we are more friendly now and share a common interests in hunting and cooking) back in my elementary school days was looking to blame me for damage that I never did nor had knowledge of. Police wanted to talk to me and Dad refused to bring me to the station. I was with him  the entire day and was innocent of any doing. Teacher tried prying information out of me and I knew nothing of any damage. This allegation was supposed to be stricken from my record in the town I resided in, I don't think it ever was.

Edited by hostak126

Not trusting the government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it makes you a history buff