IGNORED

carry permit court appearance w/o approval? you'll want to pull your paperwork from the court before you are required to appear

2 hours ago, Buckmaster3405 said:

Thats how some counties are doing it..some are sending back to p.d.   i guess it all depends which one you live in...just because you have a hearing doesnt mean there is an issue..you are correct...which county do you live in?

Cape May

Important pod cast. Nappen.  If the link doesn't work look for his latest pod cast.

FPC  - "Without either the first or second amendment, we would have no liberty; the first allows us to find out what's happening, the second allows us to do something about it! The second will be taken away first, followed by the first and then the rest of our freedoms." - Andrew Ford

I don’t have any interest in a CC  in NJ but it does infuriate me that every county handles  issuing and vetting differently . Why should certain counties  be allowed to harass applicants while others do the just what’s asked and required . Sounds like a cluster F&$k to me . 

Edited by Nanuk

3 minutes ago, Nanuk said:

I don’t have any interest in a CC  in NJ but it does infuriates me that every county handles  issuing and vetting differently . Why should certain counties  be allowed to harass applicants while others do the just what’s asked and required . Sounds like a cluster F&$k to me . 

Agreed. About the only good news is that SCOTUS keeps spanking states for new laws made since the Bruen decision. NY being front and center.  I know of a few lawsuits here in NJ addressing those types of issues since Bruen. But it can take time going through the courts. 

40 minutes ago, Nanuk said:

I don’t have any interest in a CC  in NJ but it does infuriates me that every county handles  issuing and vetting differently . Why should certain counties  be allowed to harass applicants while others do the just what’s asked and required . Sounds like a cluster F&$k to me . 

They are not allowed.they just take it upon themselves to make their own rules.and until someone takes them to court you just have to deal with their stupidity

1 hour ago, Buckmaster3405 said:

They are not allowed.they just take it upon themselves to make their own rules.and until someone takes them to court you just have to deal with their stupidity

I guess the juice just  ain’t worth the squeeze anymore for me. Getting old and tired 🥱 but understand what your saying . 

• 1 month later...
On 11/22/2022 at 8:13 PM, vdep217 said:

So update.  I was issued and I did not receive an order.  Just a copy of my app with judges signature.  No restrictions is the only box checked on permit

I got mine about a month ago and mine says “statutory restrictions only”. Which I understand as follow the listed rules. So basically no additional restrictions beyond what everyone else already has to follow. 

Nope, it's the same paperwork, same background, same computer system checks, same mental health system checks. The added paperwork is for qualiying with an approved instructor.  Nothing is different except it must get final approval from a Superior Court Judge.

There has been denials for Carry Permit because of an issue the judge wasn't comfortable with because he can but by statute there is no basis for denial of FID or Handgun Permits. The same background check and same law enforcement computer systems are used for all of them.

There isn't a "Double Secret Probation" system used for a Carry Permit

A bit of information about this. While I can't say that it is consistent throughout every county or even town, in my case, there was a difference between the standard Pistol/FID investigation and one for Permit to Carry. Without getting too detailed about it, I have an FID for many years and recently was approved for a few pistol permits. Everything came back clear.

I applied for a Permit to Carry, and the police chief called and told me that they found something in the investigation that I would have to explain (an expunged juvenile incident from 35 years ago). He was surprised that it showed-up since he approved the other permits only a few days prior. So there is clearly something different here.

My attorney advised to just keep the allow the application to move forward, unless I lived in Bergen county, in which case he would advise me to request a withdrawal. 

1 hour ago, flat9999 said:

A bit of information about this. While I can't say that it is consistent throughout every county or even town, in my case, there was a difference between the standard Pistol/FID investigation and one for Permit to Carry. Without getting too detailed about it, I have an FID for many years and recently was approved for a few pistol permits. Everything came back clear.

I applied for a Permit to Carry, and the police chief called and told me that they found something in the investigation that I would have to explain (an expunged juvenile incident from 35 years ago). He was surprised that it showed-up since he approved the other permits only a few days prior. So there is clearly something different here.

My attorney advised to just keep the allow the application to move forward, unless I lived in Bergen county, in which case he would advise me to request a withdrawal. 

The JV record was there the whole time through everything you ever applied for. Go back and read all my posts on this topic. There is no uniformity throughout the 21 counties in NJ at how they are handling this. The NJSP is not happy at how this is not being handled on a consistent basis statewide. They are trying to address this and bring all 21 counties in lock step but it hasn't been easy.

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

Per Gun for Hire podcast: Sussex County Superior court is moving about 10 permits per week.

Earlier in the month when I submitted my paperwork the state police mentioned expect it to take about 90 days. By the sound of Sussex County taking their time I should probably add another 30-60 days to that timeline.

Not trusting the government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it makes you a history buff

On 10/11/2022 at 3:38 PM, Nanuk said:

I don’t have any interest in a CC  in NJ but it does infuriate me that every county handles  issuing and vetting differently . Why should certain counties  be allowed to harass applicants while others do the just what’s asked and required . Sounds like a cluster F&$k to me . 

It is the same in pennsylvania..as a non resident democratic run counties will not issue them but republican counties will.i was hunting in susquehanna two weeks ago. Walked into county office and had my permit in 15 mins

4 hours ago, Buckmaster3405 said:

It is the same in pennsylvania..as a non resident democratic run counties will not issue them but republican counties will.i was hunting in susquehanna two weeks ago. Walked into county office and had my permit in 15 mins

Don’t you need a resident permit in your home state to get  a nonresident CC in Pennsylvania?

I should be working ... there's always tomorrow

10 minutes ago, JimmyScags said:

Don’t you need a resident permit in your home state to get  a nonresident CC in Pennsylvania?

unless there's a way to work around that yes, you need to have a carry permit in your state of residence to be approved for a Penn non resident carry permit. Being NJ is every 2 year renewal we'll have to provide proof to the state of PA (probably the sheriff's dept) that you've renewed your state of residence permit.

Not trusting the government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it makes you a history buff