IGNORED

Best ATV for hunting use?

Pathman

Cant go wrong with green Honda Foreman . Owned many ATVS ,Foreman was best for hunting and most dependable . For fun Kawasaki Brute force 750 . King quad is a good machine too . Probably most under rated . For hunting you really don't need all that power . 500 is plenty and save 2000 dollars . Cannot beat Honda for reliability . 

58 minutes ago, Pathman said:

What’s your opinions on the best/most reliable ATV for general hunting use? 

This is the same question as “what is the best car?”  For some, any quad will do. If you’re moving lots of stands or running bait, you might want a side by side with a decent dump bed. Too many variables. Your question will just solicit “here’s what I have” which may or may not make sense for your needs. 

I have had many ATV's through out my years going back to the 80's with a Honda 250 sx (three wheeler) a Honda fourtrax 250, I currently still own a 2000 Suzuki King quad in 300 4x4,  a 2006 Kawasaki Brute Force 650 4x4  and a 2006 Kawasaki Brute Force 750 4x4. The Suzuki King Quad 300 serves just about any purpose for hunting that I need plus a snow plow on it does my driveway very well. 

As Bucksnbows said “what is the best car?” is true, it all depends on who you talk to. All the big manufacturers of ATV's will have something that will fit your needs, my only suggestion is no matter what brand you go with make sure it is  4  wheel drive.

One consideration is how steep the areas you will be using it .

where is used mine in Ohio we didn’t over a 500 frame size as the ravines were crazy steep .

‘The larger 500-850 frames were too easy to roll over .

many times to recover deer we drove straight down , then tied the front to a tree to walk it 180 degrees then pulled straight back out .

SS allow you to do a lot more than a normal quad can due to the bed , but usually need more area to turn around .

full skid plates let you slide over fallen trees and rocks easier also .

YAMAHA has treated me well 

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

2 hours ago, hammer4reel said:

Since buying this , my SXS and quad sit in the shed .

easier to take this everywhere , and it can be used where an ATV isn’t allowed .

265FB259-EF78-40D4-B638-E9BB7E79E183.jpeg

Thanks, Hammer. You just made a light bulb go off!

3 hours ago, Bucksnbows said:

This is the same question as “what is the best car?”  For some, any quad will do. If you’re moving lots of stands or running bait, you might want a side by side with a decent dump bed. Too many variables. Your question will just solicit “here’s what I have” which may or may not make sense for your needs. 

I guess I should have said “in your experience” which would have been a bit more specific, but I expected the majority of responses to be from guys who actually have/had/used various machines and could provide their insight. 

2 hours ago, hammer4reel said:

One consideration is how steep the areas you will be using it .

where is used mine in Ohio we didn’t over a 500 frame size as the ravines were crazy steep .

‘The larger 500-850 frames were too easy to roll over .

many times to recover deer we drove straight down , then tied the front to a tree to walk it 180 degrees then pulled straight back out .

SS allow you to do a lot more than a normal quad can due to the bed , but usually need more area to turn around .

full skid plates let you slide over fallen trees and rocks easier also .

YAMAHA has treated me well 

Great insight, thanks Hammer.