IGNORED

Why is there such a critical teacher shortage?

Rusty

2 hours ago, Haskell_Hunter said:

I actually agree with some of what he said.  There is nothing more infuriating than having a group of people on your back, leaning over your shoulder, breathing down your neck, telling you how to do your job at every turn.  No one likes to be micromanaged.

I chose to teach in a university because the administration asks for my permission when it comes to anything in my classroom, and there are laws in place that prevent parents from accessing their children's academic records after they turn 18.  The parents can only access their children's academic information if the child permits it.  Seven years and thousands of students later, I've never seen or heard from any of their parents.

All of these things allow me as an educator to use as many creative tools in my classroom to help with the learning experience without any fear that someone far removed from my classroom is going to come in and tell me how to do my job.

And that’s your prerogative however your comparing apples to oranges. 

AWM

15 hours ago, flukebelly said:

Mghunter66 is completely out of touch with what really happens within a school building/district TODAY .

teachers that are making over 100k are at the very top of the scale and have usual put in over 21 years to get there. 

Parents threaten lawsuits if you even hint that their child might receive an F for never completing a single assignment . It’s not the kids fault for being addicted to his/ her/ on the fence …phone or tablet or air buds. Take them away ? …another lawsuit.

maybe Mg hunter 66 would appreciate 14-18 year olds telling him to go F himself when he tells them to clean their lunch table

maybe he would enjoy going into the bathroom to remove a girl from the boys room and be told later by the school psychologist that it was a male who was “ in transition “ and now the parents want a conference…

stop talking about something you know NOTHING about.

and  no…i am not in my union and i teach only what I believe not liberal B.S. ideology.

31 yrs experience and literally dying to retire.

That lunch duty is fun stuff! Lunch duty was like the Roman Arena. Never engage unless called upon. Those box cutters could ruin your day. Hang in there. Retirement is great! 

4 hours ago, MGHunter66 said:

Oh of course since you’re a teacher what you say should be treated as gospel and others know and see nothing, glad you let us know you’re “one of those”. 
image.png.3b331492b496b5c5c21bb34c56fd060b.png

You just proved my point…i work in a school right now. No, my statement isn’t Gospel…we cant use that word anymore in public school ! But my words and examples are FACTS . Simple minded complainers that just like to stir crap up ( such as yourself ) cant have a legitimate , logical discussion because facts and provable statements get in the way of your bulls#*t. 

You must work in the worlds most noble profession where no one is overpaid, feels entitled, makes mistakes, feels overworked, etc.

congrats on being the most spectacular member of the workforce in human history… you were most likely one of the students im talking about. Always right, disrespectful, argues just to be obnoxious, ….unless of course : you can prove all of my statements were incorrect in my first post ? ( not gospel ) as you put it.

go for it…work a day in any public school in NJ then get back to me with actual facts not just annoying BS.

1 hour ago, MGHunter66 said:

And that’s your prerogative however you're comparing apples to oranges. 

No I'm not.  When you make comments using broad strokes, many things can be comparable.  You never said, "Public school teachers in NJ who teach K-12" or something akin to that.

This is what you said:

Oh of course since you’re a teacher what you say should be treated as gospel and others know and see nothing, glad you let us know you’re “one of those”. 

You said "teacher".  I am one.  I am "that apple".

I also corrected your grammar.  Not because I am a teacher, but because  I am also a grammar Nazi.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

27 minutes ago, Haskell_Hunter said:

No I'm not.  When you make comments using broad strokes, many things can be comparable.  You never said, "Public school teachers in NJ who teach K-12" or something akin to that.

This is what you said:

I also corrected your grammar.  Not because I am a teacher, but because  I am also a grammar Nazi.

I memeber the gramer Nazi's all to well.....:tooth:

26 minutes ago, Haskell_Hunter said:

This is what you said:

Tim, please. You know the context of my reply, the age groups being considered and what the OP’s question was pertaining to. You can try to be cute but it’s really a stretch, if you were reading my posts and couldn’t understand what they were pointing to perhaps you need a tutor 

AWM

Just now, MGHunter66 said:

Tim, please. You know the context of my reply, the age groups being considered, and what the OP’s question was pertaining to. You can try to be cute, but it’s really a stretch,.  If you were reading my posts and couldn’t understand what they were pointing to, perhaps you need a tutor.

Grammar fixed.

When you paint in broad strokes, expect to get flies on your canvas.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

• Rusty locked this topic