IGNORED

$15,000 Mark Up

BHC

2 minutes ago, JFC1 said:

Does this formula, which I used to agree with, hold up in today's environment? I just took my elderly mom car shopping after she totaled her car (!!) and the dealer had on his lot a 2019 model of exactly the one she wants, and she'll have to wait 4 months to get...and the salesman touted it as a 'real steal' because it was $1900 cheaper. So buying a 2019 over 2022 'saves' less than 2k? Doesn't seem like a sensible move on the purchaser's part. The spread between used and new is too tight. 

To add to that, like you I've argued that it's a bad idea to buy a car right now. However, if inflation is here for at least the medium-term and people continue to need to drive, a good quality car and its rising price as tangible asset might actually protect your $$ better than stocks or a bank acct

In my opinion, no.  It's not a good time to buy a car right now.  

The only time cars could become an "asset" would be if it were a classic car of some sort that would always increase in value, regardless of the market.  The industry will correct at some point in time and all of that extra money spent will just be wasted because it won't be there when it comes time to trade in or sell in 5 years.

For most folks who don't customize their cars,who don't drive 50k miles a year (lol), and who don't need all of the bells and whistles, looking at a midrange lease might be the best option for her and then buying it out or buying something else when the market corrects.  Or just overpay and be happy with what you bought.  Moat folks are just doing that anyway, regardless of where the industry even is

You both need to come by and argue about deconstruction, CRT, Rage vs Wasp, Jada and Will, longer and shorter deer seasons, Ram vs Ford, and Mets/Phillies while doing upside down shots on my back porch while NickMarch and Lunatic laugh at your form

Ok.  Post a video of you doing 5 1 handed pullups by the end of the day or take a walk.  Like disable your account and never post again.  

I thought once the LunyToon got the boot this site would be done with the trolls.  But since you said it, we all want to see it.  

I'll start a brand new thread for you to post it in the health and fitness room.

Edit - Just started the topic for you.  Let's see it

Edited by not on the rug

Just now, not on the rug said:

Ok.  Post a video of you doing 5 1 handed pullups by the end of the day or take a walk.  Like disable your account and never post again.  

I thought once the LunyToon got the boot this site would be done with the trolls.  But since you said it, we all want to see it.  

I'll start a brand new thread for you to post it in the health and fitness room.

I don’t need to prove anything to a pussy like you .

As far as quality posts , WHENS The last time you posted a hunting or fishing thread ?

Go watch  New Amsterdam , you could be a Doctor by the end of the week .

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

On 5/8/2022 at 11:15 AM, electricstart said:

Supply and demand sucks . I remember when Harley did that to us. I would not buy into it . Now they are having trouble staying in business as much as I love Harley Davidson  . Recession is coming unless things change and change soon . We will see how the left handle that .

The left will do what is always does. Deny it's happening or blame white supremist and then blame Trump.  

23 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

I don’t need to prove anything to a pussy like you .

As far as quality posts , WHENS The last time you posted a hunting or fishing thread ?

Go watch  New Amsterdam , you could be a Doctor by the end of the week .

Of course.  You don't need to prove anything to anyone.  This is the internet.  Anyone can type and boast about whatever they want to without any actual evidence to back it up.

Well...I don't fish because I'm not interested and I didn't hunt this year at all because I work, run a business,  coach 3 sports teams and do about a million other things.  I'll be sure to increase my hunting post count just for you though.  

I don't watch much TV really, so I don't even know what New Amsterdam is.  Sounds like some sort of Soap Opera 

Edited by not on the rug

I’ve been buying a truck for 2 years now and haven’t been able to justify getting into a payment. …. I fix 90% of my own crap so repairs aren’t an issue unless major and sooner or later I pay the piper … but just saw used 2017 2500 (not mentioning brand , no relevance) with 41 K in Milage they wanted 52K. Mind you all warranties are null and void with both age and Milage so u immediately need an underwriter warranty for another $2500-3500 . I can’t justify paying 15K over and than having no warranty on a used vehicle. To be honest that truck is still sitting there & I’m glad it is … I hope they choke on it , unlike 3 months ago it would have been gobbled up , so perhaps the market is going to crumble . 

I don't want to insinuate that Car dealers are evil. Selling vehicles well over MSRP can be a matter of survival. Because of the lack of inventory, they have to generate enough income to stay afloat. Dealers do it two ways. With volume or price. Sure, there is no doubt that price gouging is going on everywhere in the economy. Almost every industry is making profits or record profits. The instances where prices increase due to necessity, I can understand. In instances where it's opportunistic, it hurts everyone. But that's part of the game. It's called "business", not charity. 

I used to laugh at my friend who would go car shopping ad nauseum. If he could get someone down another $100, he felt good about himself. I understand that businesses have to make money to stay in business. Some people don't grasp the concept. If you are in NEED of a vehicle right now, you will feel taken advantage of. What choice do you have? 

52 minutes ago, not on the rug said:

Of course.  You don't need to prove anything to anyone.  This is the internet.  Anyone can type and boast about whatever they want to without any actual evidence to back it up.

Well...I don't fish because I'm not interested and I didn't hunt this year at all because I work, run a business,  coach 3 sports teams and do about a million other things.  I'll be sure to increase my hunting post count just for you though.  

I don't watch much TV really, so I don't even know what New Amsterdam is.  Sounds like some sort of Soap Opera 

Lol 

I had to look up TV shows to get something current . 
I don’t watch TV at all 

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

15 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

Lol 

I had to look up TV shows to get something current . 
I don’t watch TV at all 

I just watched a good 6 part series about the Samurai on Netflix.  Very well done.  That's the only stuff I tend to watch besides Hockey and Lacrosse 

10 minutes ago, BHC said:

What's up with the nonsense challenge to another member?  

It isn't nonsense, but it is fairly good-natured.   Dan thinks he is a spectacular physical specimin and stated that I couldn't keep up with him. I invited him over to do one of my workouts with me and if he could keep up then I'd hit up one of his jobsites the following week.  I also said that he should post a video of himself doing only 5 pullups, to which he stated that he could do that 1 handed.  I'd like to see that, so I told him to put up or shut up.  He replied by  telling me that he didn't have to prove himself to a pussy like me. 

So there we are.  For the record, 5 1 armed pullups is not an easy feat, so watching a 60yr old man do it would be something special.