IGNORED

ShopRite rib roast sale

DJ0808

2 hours ago, DJ0808 said:

So for Prime Rib the "Prime" refers to it being one of the 8 primal cuts of beef (i.e. large major cuts), not the grade of beef (i.e. Prime, Choice, Select).

cut_beef_1_1600x.jpg.216b3294063a6626804001f1502a3651.jpg

In this case it is from the Rib Primal cut of a choice grade animal, so it is referred to as Choice grade Prime Rib. 

Now that my Cliff Clavin beef moment is over, I'll resume drooling thinking about steaks and roasts 😂

image.png.791d8bcb011998445059d8fcf0636138.png

4 hours ago, DJ0808 said:

So for Prime Rib the "Prime" refers to it being one of the 8 primal cuts of beef (i.e. large major cuts), not the grade of beef (i.e. Prime, Choice, Select).

cut_beef_1_1600x.jpg.216b3294063a6626804001f1502a3651.jpg

In this case it is from the Rib Primal cut of a choice grade animal, so it is referred to as Choice grade Prime Rib. 

Now that my Cliff Clavin beef moment is over, I'll resume drooling thinking about steaks and roasts 😂

Yes, that's what I'm told all the time. They don't use the word "prime" to refer to any other cut. It should be outlawed calling it "prime" rib. You can have a rib roast that is commercial or select grade and still call it "prime" rib? Call it what it is, a Rib Roast then show the grade of meat. You can have 4 different grades of meat and call them all "prime rib"? That's BS. 

26 minutes ago, TroutandBucks said:

@not on the rug couldn't agree with you more I never buy meat at the grocery store. Butchers only for the most part 

I get almost all of my beef, pork, lamb and chicken from 2 local farms in Warren County.  I buy in bulk too, and it keeps the price way down.  1/4 cow, 1/2 hog, etc.  Grassfed Black Angus and Berkshire pork from the one place and it's outstanding.  The other place isn't as "fancy" but it's also organic and grassfed and dry aged too.  Grocery store meat is kinda disgusting and I'm not a fan of factory farming

39 minutes ago, not on the rug said:

I get almost all of my beef, pork, lamb and chicken from 2 local farms in Warren County.  I buy in bulk too, and it keeps the price way down.  1/4 cow, 1/2 hog, etc.  Grassfed Black Angus and Berkshire pork from the one place and it's outstanding.  The other place isn't as "fancy" but it's also organic and grassfed and dry aged too.  Grocery store meat is kinda disgusting and I'm not a fan of factory farming

Who do you use?

Some 45 years ago was in a Food Freezer Plan Guy would come to house sit down Take the orders, I owned the freezer after 2 years guess we stayed with them some 20 years, Meats were very good Groceries store prices , The Delivery Guy would bring it in & pack it all away in the freezer,  Butcher Shops are rare in my area even the Koshers ones,  Priced themselves out of Business,  

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

1 hour ago, DBuck said:

Who do you use?

Hidden Woods Farm in Blairstown has the organic grassfed black angus beef, Berkshire hogs, lamb and chickens.  Amazing quality.  I but a lot from them. 

Beaver Brook Ranch in Hope I primarily use just for beef.  All organic and grassfed.  Not black angus beef.  The pork is very good from there too, but not Berkshire hogs.  

You really can't go wrong with either place

3 hours ago, archer36 said:

Yes, that's what I'm told all the time. They don't use the word "prime" to refer to any other cut. It should be outlawed calling it "prime" rib. You can have a rib roast that is commercial or select grade and still call it "prime" rib? Call it what it is, a Rib Roast then show the grade of meat. You can have 4 different grades of meat and call them all "prime rib"? That's BS. 

It’s prime after I age it for 42 days trust me. I eat it once’s a week if I’m home. I get 12 boneless ribeye’s out a whole prime rib or three smaller four pound roast

14 hours ago, smittty said:

It’s prime after I age it for 42 days trust me. I eat it once’s a week if I’m home. I get 12 boneless ribeye’s out a whole prime rib or three smaller four pound roast

Did it once took 4 boxes of baking Soda & 2 weeks to get the smell out,

I also got some aged Rib Steaks at Wegmans  $$$$$ was ok nothing Great, 

What about Aged venison ??????

IMG_1081.JPG

istockphoto-174667285-612x612.jpg

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

last Sunday morning I went to Shoprite to claim my two pork shoulders on our price cards, the computer system was down so they had to enter it manually, this morning I went to get a few things and they said you have to the end of the week to claim it, I told them I did last week they checked and said well because of the computer issue it seems it didn't take on our end, therefore, you still can get it. So I got another pork shoulder on one card and on the other card I got the spiral ham that my daughters like