IGNORED

ShopRite rib roast sale

DJ0808

7 minutes ago, 1957Buck said:

Yes and I find Acme pricey on Groceries & Veg.  But the Lancaster Brand of meat beats ShopRite  in Flavor and Tenderness 

I love all Lancaster meats. The nature's reserve meats s#ck

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

10 minutes ago, archer36 said:

They should not be able to say "prime" if it's Choice. Acme only advertises "Rib Roast". 

So for Prime Rib the "Prime" refers to it being one of the 8 primal cuts of beef (i.e. large major cuts), not the grade of beef (i.e. Prime, Choice, Select).

cut_beef_1_1600x.jpg.216b3294063a6626804001f1502a3651.jpg

In this case it is from the Rib Primal cut of a choice grade animal, so it is referred to as Choice grade Prime Rib. 

Now that my Cliff Clavin beef moment is over, I'll resume drooling thinking about steaks and roasts 😂

11 minutes ago, DJ0808 said:

So for Prime Rib the "Prime" refers to it being one of the 8 primal cuts of beef (i.e. large major cuts), not the grade of beef (i.e. Prime, Choice, Select).

cut_beef_1_1600x.jpg.216b3294063a6626804001f1502a3651.jpg

In this case it is from the Rib Primal cut of a choice grade animal, so it is referred to as Choice grade Prime Rib. 

Now that my Cliff Clavin beef moment is over, I'll resume drooling thinking about steaks and roasts 😂

THank You that explains why a Market near me Food Emporium Labels's all its beef as Prime  ----     DAM SOB 

Edited by 1957Buck

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif