IGNORED

Is killing a deer with a gun really hunting?

JHbowhunter

8 hours ago, not on the rug said:

Screenshot_20220113-212728_Chrome.jpg

I have a good friend who lives in Oklahoma, Shane he has a Karen governor too!

https://www.oklahoman.com/story/news/2021/12/16/oklahoma-hunting-season-fishing-compacts-cherokee-choctaw-tribes-kevin-stitt/8908648002/

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

On 1/13/2022 at 7:57 PM, archer36 said:

A spear? I would like for you to tell me exactly what state and I will look it up. Thanks 

I'm talking general hunting, not a private preserve.

Keep Talking about Spear hunting Someone at NJDFAG will take notice and add it in NJ That is if it Makes them $$$$$$,   

Just in my years from 1951 The Methods, Seasons, limits have been added one after a another. 

1951 -- Deer Hunting Shotgun 12ga only Buckshot only 6 days Bucks only ( 1 ) 

Hunting Licence $5, 

If I recall Bow Hunting 1 deer 2 weeks before Shotgun season, No baited areas No Mechanical Bows. 

What has been added and allowed since. 

That brings up the title of the Post what is Really Hunting. 

Was scouting during small game season for a spot to post, Sitting a few hours at that spot just taking it all in, Walking in that Monday opening day 1-2 hours early with that 12 ga shotgun  00 buck as the sun rose the deer Ghost were everywhere & disappeared at full light, as a Squirrel had you freeze up in anticipation of a deer that was not there. As the sun began to set drawing that Hunt to a close, Even not harvesting a Buck was lost in the Day spent in the woods with your best Partner, Now I had to Wait till the last day Saturday to do it all over once again,  with the same anticipations' of that chance of a lifetime to come by for a successful Hunt.  When the season ended with just memories it was considered a Success and only some 300 days to go till the next Hunt, 

So My answer to you at 80yo Hunting is more than a Gun - Bow it is what you will have for many Years after,  I am a Traditionalists stuck in old ways of Hunting.   The opportunities I had the some 60 + years I Hunted that so many will never experience. But Their Stories Experiences' will be no less Now and in their Memories,  

That out of the way Let's go Fishing

download.jpg

Edited by 1957Buck

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

3 hours ago, 1957Buck said:

Keep Talking about Spear hunting Someone at NJDFAG will take notice and add it in NJ That is if it Makes them $$$$$$,   

Just in my years from 1951 The Methods, Seasons, limits have been added one after a another. 

Hunting Licence $5, 

If I recall Bow Hunting 1 deer 2 weeks before Shotgun season, No baited areas No Mechanical Bows. 

Was scouting during small game season for a spot to post, Sitting a few hours at that spot just taking it all in, Walking in that Monday opening day 1-2 hours early with that 12 ga shotgun  00 buck as the sun rose the deer Ghost were everywhere & disappeared at full light, as a Squirrel had you freeze up in anticipation of a deer that was not there. As the sun began to set drawing that Hunt to a close, Even not harvesting a Buck was lost in the Day spent in the woods with your best Partner, Now I had to Wait till the last day Saturday to do it all over once again,  with the same anticipations' of that chance of a lifetime to come by for a successful Hunt.  When the season ended with just memories it was considered a Success and only some 300 days to go till the next Hunt, 

So My answer to you at 80yo Hunting is more than a Gun - Bow it is what you will have for many Years after,  I am a Traditionalists stuck in old ways of Hunting.   The opportunities I had the some 60 + years I Hunted that so many will never experience. But Their Stories Experiences' will be no less Now and in their Memories,  

download.jpg

Yes, those days were precious.  6 days of shotgun buck hunting and 1 day shotgun doe.  Monday was the greatest day of the year.  Everyone was out.  Deer running around all day.  If it had antlers of any kind it went down, and you were very happy to get it. I remember trying so hard to find 3 inch spikes on a group of does.

6 hours ago, 1957Buck said:

Hunting Licence $5, 

download.jpg

I have experienced all aspects of deer hunting, the great, the good, the bad and the ugly  - again this post was tongue in cheek but will keep it going I guess. 

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….