IGNORED

Is killing a deer with a gun really hunting?

JHbowhunter

3 hours ago, 1957Buck said:

Blue Mountain was in the works & being developed when the Tocks Island Emanate Domain Land Grab got underway,  

Blue Mountain was to have 10.000 homes :rant: 375 were built at that time, as far as B.M goes the Grab was the best thing that ever happened, 

The Dam project started in 1939 & deemed a bad idea Unsuitable for the area ,  1962 Congress approved it, And Eminent Domain  began 15.000.00 people lost their homes & Business,  Some $100.000,000,00  Was spent just to buy them out. After many Battles & Lawsuits & Squatters,  The few that fought and the feds giving up still remain. THe Family member I mentioned near Dingmans ferry  got to stay 100 year Lease , Some Returned but absent Utilities changed their minds,, 

A Turn of events of Funding & oppositions  Canceled it for Good. I use the Term land Grab for what many feel it was,  And with over some 60 years very little access & Improvements were never made and some shut down as they were Trashed  & no Funding.  

All the Improved open parts are NJ State Forests and Parks the Federal Government Failed to do their Part. 

ACEbook_2.jpg

News headline.jpg

That was a great post - some real true history there we should all remember. Not just what became of the Blue Mountain Lakes area and the Tocks Island "project" but also how our own government used eminant domain to force folks to leave their property.  Not necessarily a "lose" for sportsman because it's a vast area of federal land we all have access to, but just the fact that the government can actually do that. 

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

:offtopic: And Back On Topic  Is hunting with a GUN really Hunting. 

:flame:    IMO depends on the Weapon being Bastardized from Black Powder Rifles from Traditional ones.   And bastardized Bows from Old Sporting  Styles  :stirring:  

GP6APXJZCVLK4CRCNPOZCPJUHM.jpg

61zs548LfEL._AC_SL1200_.jpg

81ac4I9SZwL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Edited by 1957Buck

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif