IGNORED

Bear Hunt 2022

electricstart

I know Dumb Idea but is it worth starting now  to write letters to politicians for 2022 bear hunt . I know Murphy will be against it but if he gets enough pressure maybe it will change . I know Fish and Game is on our side . We got a lot of camera pictures to show the over population . I have seen your posts on bear sighting .  At lease get it open  on Private land to control population somewhat . They have to have some kind of management program for future .4 years a long time with no management .  Am I wasting My time . 

4 minutes ago, electricstart said:

I know Dumb Idea but is it worth starting now  to write letters to politicians for 2022 bear hunt . I know Murphy will be against it but if he gets enough pressure maybe it will change . I know Fish and Game is on our side . We got a lot of camera pictures to show the over population . I have seen your posts on bear sighting .  At lease get it open  on Private land to control population somewhat . They have to have some kind of management program for future .4 years a long time with no management .  Am I wasting My time . 

YES. 

Not going to happen. We can't get hunters to show up or pressure anyone, and in all honesty, it wouldn't matter. Those animal rights extremists were calling the governor's office 100+ times a day during the hunt and 40 to 50 times a day on average. I know this because I watched what they were doing on Facebook. These extremist groups on Facebook call all over the country to complain about hunting. Many of the calls the governor received came from out of state and some came from outside the country. They are very proficient at making noise via social media. It's what divorced, widowed, cat ladies are really good at apparently.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

It sucks because a black bear hunt has always been on my bucket list.

Now I'm in a place in life (career, family, & finance -wise) where I can finally do one and really wanted to do it in Jersey, but nope because some jackass is listening to BS antis instead of his own F & G experts...

Oh well maybe I'll do a guided Maine bear hunt, perhaps even combine it with moose or deer😊

Again it sucks because it's now going to cost a couple thousand instead of a few hundred dollars...

14 hours ago, electricstart said:

It will be 5 years of no bear hunting by the time he steps down in January of ‘26. Doesn’t matter who the new Governor will be come November’25, he or she will have no power to change the hunt until that person is sworn in in January of ‘26, causing us to miss a 5th season. 

I know you are right but sometimes I forget what state I live in .I shot a letter to Aura Dunn  let me see what she says . I would send one to Bucco but he is a Rhino . We cant let these antis win next it will be deer . Remember when the took the foot hold traps away never got it back . Now they cry about coyotes ,fox racoons and rabies.  . 

I don’t bear hunt and probably never will. That being said I know a lot of guys on here do and it’s clear they need be managed. I think it might be a little late but if all the bear hunters  and guy like myself that don’t bear hunt but support it kick in 100.00 hired a good lawyer to file a class action law suit against the state of NJ for miss management of a resource might get his attention. I’m sure a lot of residents in these bear infested communities might kick in also. This should of been done all ready. It’s takes money but I think its the only way to get the hunt back as long as we blessed with this prick Murphy. Should be done anyway to protect it in the future