IGNORED

Traditional Hunters

electricstart

5 hours ago, nb6624 said:

I took my first buck this year with my Matthew's Triax since then I switched to my BW greybark...and that's why I haven't been posting any hero photos this year. I had a few encounters with some absolute megas but they were just out of reach. Still trying to close the deal but having fun trying!

Good for you! Remember it doesn’t count if you’re not using wood arrows.

6 hours ago, Foggy Mountain said:

That’s a real part of the allure. Doing things harder makes accomplishing something mean something. Believe me it’ll be worth every moment. It’s not impossible you just need different type opportunities and will need to pass some shots. Gotta be ok with that. First deer you track pointing at blood with a recurve tip as you go will be a memorable event. Hope it happens soon for you. 
Do you have an aiming technique? Seems many don’t and there are methods like gapping, crawling, walking or split vision. Gapping is similar to using sight pins, just the degree changes. You can lesson gap with dif techniques like longer arrow, heavier tips, anchor, finger position, nock. You need arrow tuned to aid penetration. If you need help let us know or pm me directly if you’d like. 
Good luck 

I missed 2 shots that were pretty disappointing.  The first shot my top limb smacked a branch as I released and the second shot I was sitting and he ducked the arrow.  I learned that I have to be standing to make the shot

Me and my dad both hunted with traditional bows. I collect traditional bows as well as my dad use too. He passed so I have his now. I have his first bow . It’s a redwing hunter. My goal is to harvest a deer with that bow. I hunt with with a 55# bear takedown. I’m shooting easton classic wood grain shafts. I use vintage bear razor heads or Zwickey 2 blade broad heads. I hunt from the ground and I haven’t been able to shoot confidently since my back surgery. I’m good standing and shooting  but not in a seated position.  I’m getting better so I’m hoping I can go back to recurve next yr.

39 minutes ago, Foggy Mountain said:

I used an uncles old bow this year. Took a couple deer with it. My cousin asked me to shoot a deer with it for him as the weight was a little heavy. I understand your sentiment. Wish you well with it and hope your back heals for you 

Thank you. I really appreciate it. Awesome u used your uncles bow. That makes the harvest even better. Congratulations. 

9 minutes ago, Foggy Mountain said:

Thanks it did add to it. Spent the drags out really thinking bout him

No doubt. I hunt Wharton state forest only because I hunted there since I was 10 with my dad. I feel really close to him when I’m there. I know it sounds weird but it’s true. I hunt muzzle loader and permit shotgun there. I usually only see small deer because the gun clubs shoot it up during gun week. I just feel at home there.

Black Widow PSA X 43# @28 60". 150 Grain Hades Pro 3blade and currently shooting carbon express traditional arrows. But visiting with Ronnie to review arrows to become more proficient. Have taken 2 bucks with her and missed several does with her but always a good time just while I don't wound them! So far all clean misses.

SS!

10 hours ago, Recurve hntr said:

Me and my dad both hunted with traditional bows. I collect traditional bows as well as my dad use too. He passed so I have his now. I have his first bow . It’s a redwing hunter. My goal is to harvest a deer with that bow. I hunt with with a 55# bear takedown. I’m shooting easton classic wood grain shafts. I use vintage bear razor heads or Zwickey 2 blade broad heads. I hunt from the ground and I haven’t been able to shoot confidently since my back surgery. I’m good standing and shooting  but not in a seated position.  I’m getting better so I’m hoping I can go back to recurve next yr.

Barronett big mikes  and prowler are 80” tall  blinds for shooting even a long bow out of .

hardest part is finding the right bar stool height seat to view out the windows .

as it’s windows are set for shooting while standing not in a normal seated chair .

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/