IGNORED

Barnes 50 Cal TEZ

1 minute ago, electric10162 said:

Tried the 250 grain 50 cal Barnes TEZ in my T/C Encore Pro Hunter over this past weekend. Using three 50 grain Triple 7 pellets.  Accuracy is good but after the third or fourth shot, the gun cannot be loaded again until cleaned. Anyone have any experience with similar load?

Try 2 pellets chances are you are not getting complete burn causing access fouling

13 minutes ago, electric10162 said:

Tried the 250 grain 50 cal Barnes TEZ in my T/C Encore Pro Hunter over this past weekend. Using three 50 grain Triple 7 pellets.  Accuracy is good but after the third or fourth shot, the gun cannot be loaded again until cleaned. Anyone have any experience with similar load?

Yes switch to Blackhorn 209 problem solved 

9 minutes ago, smittty said:

Yes switch to Blackhorn 209 problem solved 

Good luck finding it on stock. I am on about 8-10 waiting lists for it now. I may go back to Triple 7 if this keeps up. 

I am the Lorax - I speak for the trees. 

8 minutes ago, electric10162 said:

I'll stick with Triple 7 if going to two pellets is the ticket.

It’s not the ticket triple 7 is just plan dirty. Just maybe switching to two pellet might get you one more shot at the most. Before I switched to b/h I had to swab after every shot. The last straw for me was a range day tried to skip the swabbing between every shot and broke my rod 

If you are getting to 3 or 4 before difficulty you are about right. I see this only a problem when sighting in. You rarely would need more than one follow up shot. I used pellets for years. Tried BH209 last year and switched back to pellets. The convenience of pellets overrides any advantage you get with BH209.

Edited by archer36

I agree that the BH is going to reduce the issue you are having but try the 2 pellets which should help. Before I switched sighting in was two shots swab then shoot again. I’m sure I don’t need to tell you to resight with the two pellets before going into the field. 
BH has been great so far in my two CVAs. 

2 hours ago, smittty said:

It’s not the ticket triple 7 is just plan dirty. Just maybe switching to two pellet might get you one more shot at the most. Before I switched to b/h I had to swab after every shot. The last straw for me was a range day tried to skip the swabbing between every shot and broke my rod 

I didn't have this issue shooting three pellets and T/C Shockwaves

2 minutes ago, OMC said:

I agree that the BH is going to reduce the issue you are having but try the 2 pellets which should help. Before I switched sighting in was two shots swab then shoot again. I’m sure I don’t need to tell you to resight with the two pellets before going into the field. 
BH has been great so far in my two CVAs. 

I'm not changing my current set-up mid season. 3 pellets and 250 grain Shockwaves. Just figured expanders at 250 grains gotta be close. 3" low 1" right after 8 shots