IGNORED

Barnes 50 Cal TEZ

• 2 weeks later...

I shoot same gun, same bullet and 3 pellets,   It is a deadly and accurate  combo and deer  don’t more and if they do it’s not far,  after 2 or 3 shots at range I run patch down barrel, after range I take apart and clean Gun thoroughly it is dirty but I usually just shoot once and year at range then hunt

1 hour ago, Bigmac said:

I shoot same gun, same bullet and 3 pellets,   It is a deadly and accurate  combo and deer  don’t more and if they do it’s not far,  after 2 or 3 shots at range I run patch down barrel, after range I take apart and clean Gun thoroughly it is dirty but I usually just shoot once and year at range then hunt

Strange. I never had any issues with the Shockwave. Will get it shooting the Barnes after the season.

I shot the 250 grain shockwaves also and they were very accurate but they didn’t expand when I shot deer and had to track several deer  quite a long distance, I believe the sabot on shockwaves might not have loaded as tight.  All my experiences have been with same gun and loads and I have 2 sons and we all shoot everything exactly the same so I’m speaking, shooting and learning for 3

18 minutes ago, Bigmac said:

I shot the 250 grain shockwaves also and they were very accurate but they didn’t expand when I shot deer and had to track several deer  quite a long distance, I believe the sabot on shockwaves might not have loaded as tight.  All my experiences have been with same gun and loads and I have 2 sons and we all shoot everything exactly the same so I’m speaking, shooting and learning for 3

Same. Same. I had the same issues with Shockwaves. Accurate as hell but horrible expansion.