IGNORED

Tenpoint Crossbows, What Are You Shooting?

BHC

I shoot a Stealth NXT, awesome xbow with zero issues. Before buying I shot many off hand, it was clearly the winner. If shooting off a bench is your β€œbenchmark” than many will impress you. If shooting off hand like real hunting situations is your benchmark than I can’t say enough about Tenpoint. Speed was way down on my list although the Stealth is super fast and hard hitting. When an xbow balances like the pic below the ability to make accurate shots offhand becomes apparent real quick. Buy what you feel the most confidence in4983BE79-8CFE-4EB8-8F6B-4A8FB8AF3AD5.thumb.jpeg.ee9e3988f53bbc97cd50a6ddf225d4b5.jpeg

AWM

17 hours ago, Haskell_Hunter said:

You are misunderstanding me. Β Yes, the target lock reticle is always in the center of the scope and does not move. Β We agree on that.

However, your aim point does move based on the range and the angle of the shot when the target was ranged. Β In my experience, I locked the targeting reticle on a deer at around 12 yards. Β The aiming reticle appeared over the deer. Β I had to drop the angle of the scope to get the aiming reticle onto the target. Β By doing so, the angle that the aiming reticle was set to changed. Β There was no way for me to re-target without moving the angle back up.

You can test one of the other issues this way. Β Go outside into a very dark area. Β I was in a full-canopied woods and in a blind when I experienced this issue. Β About 15 minutes after last light, which is still legal hunting time, pick an object that is about 20 yards away and target it. Β You'll notice that the whole area of the scope illuminates. Β This isn't a bug. Β The entire imaging LCD has to turn on in order to display data. Β It's the same thing you see when you have a black LCD TV in a dark room, the TV screen is still slightly illuminated. Β This is enough light to wash out images at 15 minutes after sunset. Β Even at the lowest brightness setting. Β And if you aren't already at the lowest setting, it ruins your night vision. Β Sucked for me.

I'm not saying the scope doesn't have a place, it's just very bad for me as a person who wears glasses (progressive lenses); it's not great at shooting moving targets at an angle; and it's not very good in low-light conditions. Β Shooting flat from a blind during sunlight, it's outstanding. Β I had a few other members on the site shoot the bow with the scope at targets, and it was spot on. Β Everyone was amazed. Β It's the top in its class for that. Β However, it suffers in the three conditions I listed above, IMHO.

I will test it on very short shots but at 18 yards, 20' up it was a bullseye.Β 

With glasses it maybe a problem, I am blind, -6, but I use contacts and can make shots with it in very low light. Its little more difficult but I can do it, You maybe getting reflection of the light in your glasses. Perhaps if you turn off unnecessary display, so you are left with only radicle, it may improve. In fact I am going to try it next time I am hunting PM.Β 

Too bad it didn't work for you, I am very happy with it so far

16 hours ago, Greybeard said:

Few issues with the 470 rs that should not be an issue at that price.Β  First- Get a tube of blue threadlock.Β  Set screw holding the barrel in the crank handle will come loose and the barrel will fall out. Both set screws fell out that hold the front bar in place.Β  Quiver is crap and you'll need to threadlock the nut on the cinch lever that tightens the quiver onto the bracket or it can come loose.

Brush head holding the arrow in place is not adjustable and the arrow can slide out when pointing bow downward. Have to keep checking to make sure arrow is all the way in.Β  I put a stick through one of the holes in the scope base to put more pressure down onto the brush to hold the arrow in place after it is cocked.Β  Accuslide sticks when lowering it to the string unless you're decocking it with the pressure of the string pulling it down.Β  Sometimes sled doesn't release on first try

Crank handle should lock into the stock as it does in the crank keyhole.Β  I made a velcro strip to go around the stock so it can't fall out

Focus ring doesn't stay in place.Β  Had to put marks on the scope and re align them every time I sit down to shoot.

Butt plate is a week point.Β  It cracked, I think when I fell, and I didn't fall hard with it.Β  It may already have been weakened by cranking.Β  Noticed after it was cracked that the top and bottom of stock was twisting pretty hard in opposite directions as I cranked, opening the crack up with each turn.

wow, that's a handful of issues. In addition I have the opposite problem with the crank.Β  Its very difficult to press it back into the stock.. Stupid design and the handle just dose not fit right. Bolt slighting out is annoyingΒ 

14 hours ago, BHC said:

leaning towards the Ravin 29x with the HawkΒ https://us.hawkeoptics.com/xb30-compact-2-8x36-sr.htmlΒ but will also look into other scopesΒ 

Just remember this. Buying expensive bow is like buying expensive boat. The price of purchase is only the beginning. You will be replacing strings within a year or two max and its expensive. 3 Ravin Bolts with lighted knocks are $100. All parts are very expensive. Consider all of it, not just initial investment.Β 

3 hours ago, MGHunter66 said:

I shoot a Stealth NXT, awesome xbow with zero issues. Before buying I shot many off hand, it was clearly the winner. If shooting off a bench is your β€œbenchmark” than many will impress you. If shooting off hand like real hunting situations is your benchmark than I can’t say enough about Tenpoint. Speed was way down on my list although the Stealth is super fast and hard hitting. When an xbow balances like the pic below the ability to make accurate shots offhand becomes apparent real quick. Buy what you feel the most confidence in4983BE79-8CFE-4EB8-8F6B-4A8FB8AF3AD5.thumb.jpeg.ee9e3988f53bbc97cd50a6ddf225d4b5.jpeg

The only complaint I had with this bow was the trigger. I hunted with it for +-7 years.Β 

35 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

The only complaint I had with this bow was the trigger. I hunted with it for +-7 years.Β 

The TP Stealth NXT was first introduced in 2018. How did you hunt with it for over 7 years?

Edited by archer36

59 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

Just remember this. Buying expensive bow is like buying expensive boat. The price of purchase is only the beginning. You will be replacing strings within a year or two max and its expensive. 3 Ravin Bolts with lighted knocks are $100. All parts are very expensive. Consider all of it, not just initial investment.Β 

Six, not three. Β And those are the .001 bolts, not the .003. Β IMHO, the .003 are just as good as the .001 and anyone hunting won't see a difference between the two..

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

On 10/24/2021 at 7:09 PM, BHC said:

leaning towards the Ravin 29x with the HawkΒ https://us.hawkeoptics.com/xb30-compact-2-8x36-sr.htmlΒ but will also look into other scopesΒ 

What happened to there is nothing a 400 dollar crossbow can’t do that the most expensive one do .

the extra 2500 bucks won’t put socks in the crosshairs .

Β 

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

Β 

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

Β 

1 minute ago, hammer4reel said:

What happened to there is nothing a 400 dollar crossbow can’t do that the most expensive one do .

the extra 2500 bucks won’t put socks in the crosshairs .

Β 

Cause I earned what I want, and my back drawing it by hand is putting alot pressure on it, like my compound