IGNORED

Longest shot with your crossbow ?????

hunterdan199

On 2/3/2013 at 10:16 PM, jerseybowhunter said:

I got one as a backup, I target shot up to 60yds and drilled them. I didn't like the crossbow thing and sold it after I realized my Mathews will never break

Very similar with me, I tried the xbow, amazing all day accuracy to 60 yards!!  But it just wasn't for me,  I rather shoot compound.   

1 hour ago, Dominant buck said:

Very similar with me, I tried the xbow, amazing all day accuracy to 60 yards!!  But it just wasn't for me,  I rather shoot compound.   

Practice with your compound and you can be dead accurate past 60.  Alot of 3d shoots have novelty shoots that if you hit the 10 or 11 rings at 70 80 100 yrds you get tickets for a drawing.  I have won cameras arrows etc.  The equipment can do it if u practice

Took 2 shots at 100yds once with the crossbow, at not just 22's get together.   Crosshairs moved across the target with every heartbeat.  Kept arrows on a paper pie plate at 100yds when in my prime with the compound.  Was practicing for an elk hunt at the time and was also shooting competitively in a local league.

Hunting, the longest shots have been between 25-30yds with a compound or a crossbow and that was only a couple times.

20210320_145222.jpg.cedb1927503d1e58455af3317edeeaa5.jpg

20210320_152330.jpg.224d1965cb455b62ad120f0a894ca2b5.jpg

11 minutes ago, Boykin Runner said:

So far deer hunting I havent had more than 25 yd shots ! Dead on at 35 with target . I always worry about them jumping the string sound ! Crossbows seem loader to me than compounds !  I would take a 35yd shot !

It's all relative.  I killed my doe yesterday at 31 yrds  she was the last in the line of 11.  I could have killed another as they didn't really spook just got nervous than continued back to what they were doing.  I've also shot deer that never knew they were hit go back to eating n fall over

1 hour ago, Rusty said:

And I still haven't taken a shot over 17 yards!  :rofl:  

But I'm pretty sure that I still hold the world record for the closest shot ever taken.  :rock:    

I’ve hunted from your stands. No need for an upright bow or compound when a 7” knife is all you need. :rofl: