IGNORED

New Russian Sniper Rifle

Batsto

I would LOVE to give that a go on a long distance range.!! 7K is insane !!

HONOR THE FALLEN
https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL

Here’s why none of this is believable to me. The .50BMG is not the most ballistically superior bullet in existence, the .416 Barrett is so why wouldn’t you use that bullet for this application?

to remain a stable and constistently accurate round the bullet needs to remain hypersonic until it reaches its target.  The .416 Barrett loses hypersonic ability at about 1.2 miles and the .50 bmg around 1 mile. The belief that they can magically make this round travel at hypersonic speed at 4 times what it can now is ridiculous. 

third. Even if it was possible for this rifle to suddenly shoot that far they would have to make the round so heavy and the charge so great no human would be able to absorb the recoil without making the rifle either so heavy that it wouldn’t be practical as a “sniper rifle” or make it a semi auto making it less accurate than it needs to be with use of a muzzle break that would instantly give away your position 

31 minutes ago, Bubblehead said:

Here’s why none of this is believable to me. The .50BMG is not the most ballistically superior bullet in existence, the .416 Barrett is so why wouldn’t you use that bullet for this application?

to remain a stable and constistently accurate round the bullet needs to remain hypersonic until it reaches its target.  The .416 Barrett loses hypersonic ability at about 1.2 miles and the .50 bmg around 1 mile. The belief that they can magically make this round travel at hypersonic speed at 4 times what it can now is ridiculous. 

third. Even if it was possible for this rifle to suddenly shoot that far they would have to make the round so heavy and the charge so great no human would be able to absorb the recoil without making the rifle either so heavy that it wouldn’t be practical as a “sniper rifle” or make it a semi auto making it less accurate than it needs to be with use of a muzzle break that would instantly give away your position 

Not much of an argument froM me on the practicality of this weapon, or even if it’s possible to make one but didn’t the article say they are making a new 50 cal round. If so then your first two paragraphs are out the window.