IGNORED

Compound Bows

WadeTenPOintBuck

Before my back injury I shot a Mathews z7 . After that I shot a Mathews creed. Now I’m back to traditional archery. Funny thing is I shoot better instinctive anyway. I’m shooting a 40lb bear recurve. Trying to build up to a 55lb recurve. Doesn’t matter anyway. You have a razor sharp broad head and shoot straight your gonna get it done.

3 minutes ago, Recurve hntr said:

Before my back injury I shot a Mathews z7 . After that I shot a Mathews creed. Now I’m back to traditional archery. Funny thing is I shoot better instinctive anyway. I’m shooting a 40lb bear recurve. Trying to build up to a 55lb recurve. Doesn’t matter anyway. You have a razor sharp broad head and shoot straight your gonna get it done.

Good retraction, introduced learn't to shoot a bow at summer camps and I was 8 years old and lucky and grateful today I had that experience! You keep it up recurve hntv, kind of like riding a bike your bow muscle's have memory will come back.👍

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

36 minutes ago, hunterbob1 said:

Good retraction, introduced learn't to shoot a bow at summer camps and I was 8 years old and lucky and grateful today I had that experience! You keep it up recurve hntv, kind of like riding a bike your bow muscle's have memory will come back.👍

I started hunting at 10 years old. My dad taught me if you start with sites on your bow you will never go back to instinctive hunting.  So my first compound bow was a black bear. No sites. Hunted a few yrs and missed a few deer. Hunting state woods it was hard. When I finally put a site on my bow I started killing deer. Now I’m back to what my dad taught me. Instinctive Bow shooting. Nothing like killing a deer, turkey with a recurve bow!

Bowtech SR6.  67#.  Custom Montana Black Gold Widowmaker on a 4" Revenge base.  Titanium Archery Products Element X stabilizers -  10" front and 8" back.  QAD HDX.

Prime Centurgy Hybrid.  65#.  Custom Montana Black Gold Widowmaker on a 6" dovetail.  Conquest Archery front and back stabilizers.  QAD HDX.

Right now I'm shooting Gold Tip Hunter Pro.  300 spine.  3 AAE Max Stealth Vanes (all white).  100g Ethics Archery Stainless insert.  100g head.  490g total weight and 15.2% FOC.

I shoot a Mathews Z7. I shopped around for a new bow the last 2 seasons, but nothing I picked up felt as good as the Z7. Updated the strings earlier this month and, she is good as new. Very happy with how it is shooting.  Shooting much lighter weight this season, I dropped from #70ish down to #60ish, I tweaked my shoulder and am slowly gaining strength back. In no rush to bump the weight up, if it happens before the season great, if not thats ok too.

I shoot FMJ arrows, I want to say 340 spine, but might be 300... which every ones are ~11 GPI. I have a 75 grain insert (don't love, wish I went with a 100 outsert but whatever) tipped off with a Magnus stinger