IGNORED

I Don't Think I'd Like This Job !

RPK0620

The Farmer where I hunt by my house has Bee Hives/Crates on his property to pollinate the Orchard. They are up on the edge of the woods where I enter. In previous years the Bee Keeper always left me ample space to access the woods around the crates. Last year, he put them right in front of my access spot. During Bow Season they are very active. I had to push through heavy brush to get to my treestand to avoid them. 

One day I saw him tending the hives and showed him my clearly visible access path. I asked if he could put the hives a distance away so I could use it. He didn't speak English very well but walked over and stood by a very active crate. Bees all around him with no protection. He said "you have nothing to worry about". 

1 hour ago, archer36 said:

Bees all around him with no protection. He said "you have nothing to worry about". 

I am super allergic to bee, wasp or even mosquito bites......  I'd be hunting a farm down the road.........

I thought, growing old would take longer ! 

I spent most of my money on shotguns and fly rods.  The rest I just wasted.

My uncle was a beekeeper. He was crazy like this guy. I have helped him collect swarms like this one but I was suited and he never was. we used to drop them into a garbage can and then transfer to new beehive. There are days they are nice and calm and days when they go after you with all they got. 
Swarming happens when new queen hatches and you end up with two. The new queen leaves the beehive and a portion of bees follow her.  

Edited by Lunatic

The swarm reminds me of a bright idea I had when I just was thinking about hunting. Before I climbed a tree to watch what would come by I used a spray bottle and sprits apple juice on me. Well, low and behold in about an hour up there I was swatting at bees so much I knew nothing was going to come by with some nut swinging his arm all about. 

I quickly chalked that up as what not to do ever again.

My "Handle" is not my aim, I'm paralyzed as a C 4-5 quadriplegic.