IGNORED

Ram 1500 v6 vs v8

mike033089

5 minutes ago, not on the rug said:

I know my V8 makes 555hp and 500lb ft of torque and I know the 2021 version of that build makes 617hp and 553 lb ft of torque.  

I am not seeing those specs in any 1500 series V8?

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

@Haskell_Hunterwhat's funny?  I'd rather tow most things with my car than most of the trucks out there. It's the short wheelbase that holds me back more than anything (and no brake controller) but definitely not the power. 

If I had a boat or backhoe to tow around, I'd buy a real truck with a big diesel motor.  I don't have any need for that in my life right now, so I will keep what I have

Edited by not on the rug

1 hour ago, mike033089 said:

Curious to hear from some guys who have a newer 18- present day ram V6.  Do you feel that it underperforms for you?  I’m thinking more of yard work, towing a Jon boat and several hundred lbs here and there.  Do you regret the lack of a v8. It won’t be a daily driver just when I need it and crappy weather. By having choices of a v6 it opens up a wide range of return leases.  Thanks 

For occasional light user like you, and in fact most truck owners, a V6 is more than enough. If you into a D. measuring contest then get a giant diesel engine. I can tow a Jon boat with my 4 cylinder Jeep Compass loaded with a couple hundred lb.  

4 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

Jack let’s just put my contender and  trailer on your hitch .

‘after you jack up the bumper off the ground  you can see if you can pull it 10 feet .

I don't have a dually!     My point to the OP was, if you want a v6, there is only one to buy.   RAM or CHEVY - get the 8

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

16 minutes ago, not on the rug said:

@Haskell_Hunterwhat's funny?  I'd rather tow most things with my car than most of the trucks out there. It's the short wheelbase that holds me back more than anything (and no brake controller) but definitely not the power. 

If I had a boat or backhoe to tow around, I'd buy a real truck with a big diesel motor.  I don't have any need for that in my life right now, so I will keep what I have

As you know there are many things that come into play when hauling.  Power, axle ratio, amount of rubber on the road, and the weight of your vehicle.  You might be able to haul it on a flat road, but get on a hill or add some wind to the mix and you'll be bouncing off of guard rails and other cars.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.