IGNORED

Favorite venison recipe?

Horn63

But personally, if I was trying to impress someone who never had venison - I would marinate the tenderloins overnight and bake them for 15 minutes - tender, juicy, melt-in-the-mouth. The best piece of meat on the entire deer  IMO. But since you said backstraps, the above stuffed venison backstrap is my favorite. You could even forget about the stuffing - just wrap backstrap in bacon and smoke it.

I think it’s tough to beat lightly  fried cutlets .

‘make sure to not let the venison sit on the counter getting warm or the blood can give it an off taste.

if they are hesitant to try , put the fried cutlets on a baking dish and add some good spaghetti sauce and make venison parm out of it 

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

Just now, Codaboy said:

I like to cut paper thin on meat slicer dip in egg Italian breadcrumbs and deep fry in olive oil

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

Same here but I use peanut oil which has a much higher smoke point . Can fry in much hotter oil 

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

Go on Youtube and look up Scott Rea. He butchers deer like you would butcher beef. He gets more meat out of little Roe deer than most of us get out of deer. I now do exactly what he does.

Instead of cutting out the tenderloin and fillet minion and making fillets, leave them on the bone like a porterhouse and Tbone. Do the same thing at the shoulder. Cook them in butter with salt, pepper and some garlic flakes. You would thing you are eating tender delicious beef and would not believe it is venison. The best tasting meat is on the bone.

Marinated & Barbecued  bone in chops on a hot fired grill., and 2nd is Good old stew, Third is Lasagna,. and 4th is Italian style Hamburgers on the grill. Once a year we invite friends over in the summer for an wild game baroque which includes Deer & turkey Burgers,  Grilled fish (striper & blow fish), Crabs & extra thin spaghetti with sauce, Homemade  wine an Beer.

HONOR THE FALLEN
https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL