IGNORED

First Fresh Shed of the season

Buck154

20 minutes ago, Gobblengrunt said:

Nice find.  Almost EVERY buck I know of up by me is shed already (over 25 bucks in about 8 spots).  Ive never not had a buck to hunt in winter bow.  Very strange year.

Wow thats crazy Ron. Yeah its early. What do you think is causing it, thinking lack of the acorns this year. Lacking protein or what every minerals they get from them.

1 hour ago, Buck154 said:

Wow thats crazy Ron. Yeah its early. What do you think is causing it, thinking lack of the acorns this year. Lacking protein or what every minerals they get from them.

I believe since we had ZERO acorns anywhere up here deer food has been basic browse only.  The buck i shot on 6day was a big mature buck but he had very little fat on him, nit a good sign.  Plus, we done have lots of does so bucks really travel daily in the rut.  I think their bodies are just depleted.  

36 minutes ago, Gobblengrunt said:

I believe since we had ZERO acorns anywhere up here deer food has been basic browse only.  The buck i shot on 6day was a big mature buck but he had very little fat on him, nit a good sign.  Plus, we done have lots of does so bucks really travel daily in the rut.  I think their bodies are just depleted.  

Same down here. I saw no acorns. And like you said they are browsing alot even with tons of bait piles around.