IGNORED

After 2020 no more bear hunts ?

3 hours ago, Hawkeye57 said:

Sooooo which council member are you? Or a family member? 

None of the above! What is it with you guys! I’m trying to determine the situation, the players, and figure out what’s going on, and guys like you simply can’t help acting like a-holes!🤨

10 minutes ago, Pathman said:

None of the above! What is it with you guys! I’m trying to determine the situation, the players, and figure out what’s going on, and guys like you simply can’t help acting like a-holes!🤨

Please don’t violate the site rules. :up: No one has been mean or acting up. Seems like the conversation has been going great until you broke a site rule. People are disagreeing in a civil way and giving great points to both sides of the conversation.  

Players have been identified. Situation has been explained. Only thing to understand is the regulatory process and when to comment and if there has been an updated proposal submitted. 

Edited by Hawkeye57

Murphy had hoped to get the legislature to pass a bill to remove bear management from the Game Code. Was he not successful, or is that not how it works?

7 hours ago, Buck154 said:

They will bring it back after another person is killed by one

Then, maybe, Murphy's actions would be seen as so reckless ... not negligent ... as to have a state governor charged with manslaughter.  It can't happen, but people will call for it. Let him hide behind his illegal aliens and blm, then.

With what I see around my area, I agree with Buck154 ... something bad is going to happen.

1 minute ago, Jim_ said:

Murphy had hoped to get the legislature to pass a bill to remove bear management from the Game Code. Was he not successful, or is that not how it works?

And as I stated (and think proved) earlier, if they did nothing at all there would be no bear hunt next year anyway because the law as stated today would be obsolete (the law today only allows a bear hunt pursuant to the 2015 CBBMP, which will be expired next year, hence there can be no bear hunt next year based on the law as written today). So if he wanted to kill the bear hunt, why would he want to propose ANY changes to the Game Code? Leave it alone and by doing nothing the bear hunt dies on the vine next year.

So if Murphy hoped to get legislators to pass a bill to kill the bear hunt by removing the 2015 bear management plan from the law, he failed. The proposal removes the 2015 management plan, yes, but that is trivial - because it EXPIRED ANYWAY! He didn't need to remove the words; in fact, he should NOT want the law changed because that way he'd kill the bear hunt next year by default.

So removing it from the  Game Code Appendix does nothing. However you word it, he failed if he tried to stop the bear hunt legislatively.

Read what the NEW Game Code will say, and point out where it kills the bear hunt by removing the 2015 CBBMP from the Appendix. .... It doesn't.

As I stated before, it is ALL about the new CBBMP that needs to be drafted to replace the expiring one. THAT is where you need to be concerned because the Game Code says there will be a bear hunt pursuant to the most current and approved CBBMP. This Game Code change is a red herring.

1 hour ago, mazzgolf said:

This, I think, is the $60,000 question. This new Game Code proposal isn't the issue (IMO).

Everything hinges on the question "What does/will the new CBBMP look like?"

IMO, the fight over the next year will be over that new CBBMP. Read the quote someone posted from Murphy - he's talking about the new CBBMP that needs to replace the expiring one (not this Game Code proposal). A management plan that "focuses on non-lethal methods" (to quote Murphy) is what Murphy is going to push, and I would bet the true science will tell us it can't be done with only non-lethal methods. This is where the rubber will meet the road and where we will see the Administration fight.  Don't let this 2020-21 Game Code proposal confuse you - that's not the issue (as I tried to explain in my earlier post) - pay attention when the new CBBMP is drafted/proposed.

I am thinking there will be no new plan, even if one exists. This is how they will close the hunt.

I say we flood the system.   Everyone bear hunt next year, wherever you want.  WMA's, private, national parks.    Not enough enforcement to keep up.    Look at poacher Joe and the many that just shoot deer out of season, or at night.  Even when caught red-handed and guilty as charged, no loss of license for first offense. 

Shoot shovel shoosh. Been saying it for years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Lunatic said:

I am thinking there will be no new plan, even if one exists. This is how they will close the hunt.

I agree - if there is a way to kill the hunt, that's how I would do it if it were me. Just delay and refuse to give any plan approval and you've effectively killed the hunt.

On 10/5/2020 at 2:50 PM, smungung said:

If bear hunts are gonna be stopped after this season is anyone willing to help my bag my first one? Always wanted to take a bear in-state, i guess sooner is better than later. Im a new guy in northern NJ.

Pm me.  I have some spots in stokes, gap that are standing room only for these things 

2 hours ago, Hawkeye57 said:

Please don’t violate the site rules. :up: No one has been mean or acting up. Seems like the conversation has been going great until you broke a site rule. People are disagreeing in a civil way and giving great points to both sides of the conversation.  

Players have been identified. Situation has been explained. Only thing to understand is the regulatory process and when to comment and if there has been an updated proposal submitted. 

Don’t piss down my neck and tell me it’s rainin buddy!🤨

flood his office with calls, jam his fax with faxes, overflow his emails with e's........ do NOT let this pos get away with it, it is our resource, we pay for it.   do not let him threaten the dfgw workers, he can NOT get away with it.

https://www.nj.gov/governor/contact/all/

Address: 225 W State St, Trenton, NJ 08625

Phone: (609) 292-6000

He will probably have the council adopt a new bear management plan that lasts 5 years or more,  non-lethal,  relying on key jingling and useless "bear resistant" garbage cans. Maybe we can have social workers come out and talk to the bears that eat peoples pets, livestock and kill the next person.   

That will be his plan if he can get away with it, that way we can't hunt them until at least 2026.

He's already said on social media this is the last bear hunt under his dictatorship.

I'll just mount up a plow and start hitting them. Fing things are everywhere. Drop a few jelly donuts on a back road and yeehaw!

On 10/5/2020 at 2:00 PM, NJ Predator said:

Yep. I just got the notice via the 101.5 app.  I think when we get a new governor in 2021, that'll change again.  Funny thing is, Moonbeam is a data guy and even his biologist or what have you even said they need the hunt to go on. 

When you state   "Moonbeam", are you referring to Murphy?  He is the furthest description of someone being a data guy.  He is not driven by data in any form or fashion.  He is driven solely by ideology and politics.   

7 hours ago, mazzgolf said:

And as I stated (and think proved) earlier, if they did nothing at all there would be no bear hunt next year anyway because the law as stated today would be obsolete (the law today only allows a bear hunt pursuant to the 2015 CBBMP, which will be expired next year, hence there can be no bear hunt next year based on the law as written today). So if he wanted to kill the bear hunt, why would he want to propose ANY changes to the Game Code? Leave it alone and by doing nothing the bear hunt dies on the vine next year.

So if Murphy hoped to get legislators to pass a bill to kill the bear hunt by removing the 2015 bear management plan from the law, he failed. The proposal removes the 2015 management plan, yes, but that is trivial - because it EXPIRED ANYWAY! He didn't need to remove the words; in fact, he should NOT want the law changed because that way he'd kill the bear hunt next year by default.

So removing it from the  Game Code Appendix does nothing. However you word it, he failed if he tried to stop the bear hunt legislatively.

Read what the NEW Game Code will say, and point out where it kills the bear hunt by removing the 2015 CBBMP from the Appendix. .... It doesn't.

As I stated before, it is ALL about the new CBBMP that needs to be drafted to replace the expiring one. THAT is where you need to be concerned because the Game Code says there will be a bear hunt pursuant to the most current and approved CBBMP. This Game Code change is a red herring.

So if the game code change is intended to be misleading which is what you're stating, and if the black bear is considered a game animal that requires "management" within the Game Code how does the game code get approved without somehow including the management of black bears?  

How can the division separate the CBBMP from the game code if bears are considered a game animal that are not endangered or federally protected?  If it's possible to remove bears as a game animal on a political whim then there is no reason for management of any species such as turkey, deer etc... and isn't the DFGW the entity responsible for managing '"wildlife"  including game animals?  I don't see the logic of how you move bears from game animal to non-game animal, but this is NJ. 

48 minutes ago, stratocaster said:

When you state   "Moonbeam", are you referring to Murphy?  He is the furthest description of someone being a data guy.  He is not driven by data in any form or fashion.  He is driven solely by ideology and politics.   

Wrong, he is driven by his wife, and I'm not trying to be funny. Never in the history of p-whipped men has there been any quite as whipped as bucktooth. He ran for governor because although he and his wife were always 1%ers, they were very unpopular amongst the elite.

Edited by birdshotnj