IGNORED

Bowfishing the Delaware tonight. .....

LPJR

Holy cow. We got on the river @8 tonight and just got home at 0030. THIS WAS THE MOST FUN FISHING I HAVE HAD IN A LONG TIME! Tonight was the first time I ever went bowfishing and have to say it will not be the last.

I was using my friends lefty recurve (I am a righty) and it was like APACHE'S LAST STAND-IF HE WAS ON THE RIVER WITH STRINGS ATTACHED TO HIS ARROWS! :rofl::rofl::rofl: I alone, must have shot AT over 2 dozen fish including some huge catfish, suckers, and eels. Saw lots of fish that were not legal to take, including Walleye, Trout, Smallmouths, Crappies, Tiger Muskies, etc. We gigged a big sucker and we all had LOTS of swings and misses with the bows.

The weather was perfect and the water level was ideal. We had so much fun trying to stick one of the fish and laughing our asses off that not many pics were taken. At first I was watching Danny try to shoot one...At every miss I was laughing how bad he sucked! Only until it was my turn that I realized I was worse at it then him! It is literally amazing how far below you have to shoot.  I was holding 6-8" below some suckers and was just missing them!

My friends Tony and Dan went 2 weeks ago and shot and gigged a bunch of fish on the Delaware, including a bunch of Snakeheads., carp, catfish and a Gizzard Shad. Tony said out of all the fish he has made, the best tasting for him by far is the Snakehead which he made for the first time recently.  Was hoping to come home with one tonight, but no luck. 

This weekend I am getting  a recurve and a compound out from the garage and will look to set one up. This is way to much fun not to.....Some pics attached below. 

The 1st pic is the sucker we gigged tonight. (Only fish taken) The other Snakehead and Gizzard Shad pics are from when they went 2 weeks ago. 

Resized_20200904_232202.jpeg

Resized_20200905_001829.jpeg

33376.jpg

Resized952020081895223006.jpg

32756 (1).jpg

3 hours ago, LPJR said:

Holy cow. We got on the river @8 tonight and just got home at 0030. THIS WAS THE MOST FUN FISHING I HAVE HAD IN A LONG TIME! Tonight was the first time I ever went bowfishing and have to say it will not be the last.

I was using my friends lefty recurve (I am a righty) and it was like APACHE'S LAST STAND-IF HE WAS ON THE RIVER WITH STRINGS ATTACHED TO HIS ARROWS! :rofl::rofl::rofl: I alone, must have shot AT over 2 dozen fish including some huge catfish, suckers, and eels. Saw lots of fish that were not legal to take, including Walleye, Trout, Smallmouths, Crappies, Tiger Muskies, etc. We gigged a big sucker and we all had LOTS of swings and misses with the bows.

The weather was perfect and the water level was ideal. We had so much fun trying to stick one of the fish and laughing our asses off that not many pics were taken. At first I was watching Danny try to shoot one...At every miss I was laughing how bad he sucked! Only until it was my turn that I realized I was worse at it then him! It is literally amazing how far below you have to shoot.  I was holding 6-8" below some suckers and was just missing them!

My friends Tony and Dan went 2 weeks ago and shot and gigged a bunch of fish on the Delaware, including a bunch of Snakeheads., carp, catfish and a Gizzard Shad. Tony said out of all the fish he has made, the best tasting for him by far is the Snakehead which he made for the first time recently.  Was hoping to come home with one tonight, but no luck. 

This weekend I am getting  a recurve and a compound out from the garage and will look to set one up. This is way to much fun not to.....Some pics attached below. 

The 1st pic is the sucker we gigged tonight. (Only fish taken) The other Snakehead and Gizzard Shad pics are from when they went 2 weeks ago. 

Resized_20200904_232202.jpeg

Resized_20200905_001829.jpeg

33376.jpg

Resized952020081895223006.jpg

32756 (1).jpg

Wow Lou!!

Looked like a blast!!

I could just imagine the amount of laughing to be had on such a trip!!

Great post and thanks for sharing!!  Hope to try that some day!!

On 9/5/2020 at 12:55 AM, LPJR said:

It is literally amazing how far below you have to shoot.  I was holding 6-8" below some suckers and was just missing them!

When I watch them on tv I always see the guide waving his arm down (further, further) for the right aim.

Thanks for the great visual of a group of guys cracking up while trying.

My "Handle" is not my aim, I'm paralyzed as a C 4-5 quadriplegic.